Mod resourse: Firing range module/script/whatever..

SayinNuthin

Wouldn't a firing range be very useful? Look at all the luxurious and elaborate player-homes, so very few of them include a range. Yet we all download any number of guns and some of us try to work out how accurate they are before we are in a firefight.

AYgrik made one near the Gunrunners and his excellent Plane-wreck player home has one but it doesn't seem to have been very easy judging by his; "All work in GECK belongs to me (AYgrik), including a script shooting range" Top of which, he hasn't been active for a long time to ask...

His range uses custom targets but I don't think that's necessary, all the script-illiterate (like me) need is the function on it's own. Perhaps it's very difficult to write or implement, if so them maybe someone will explain. BTW I tried cloning the 'thing' behind the Prospector Saloon but my ignorance is so great I couldn't even understand the problems that caused, let alone how to go about solving them!

If all else is lost and you have a lot of time on your hands, you CAN actually just set up a bunch of empty bottles and shoot at them. They actually will get knocked down. At least in my game. To be utterly honest I've completely forgotten what's vanilla and what's modded by this point....

If all else is lost and you have a lot of time on your hands, you CAN actually just set up a bunch of empty bottles and shoot at them. They actually will get knocked down. At least in my game. To be utterly honest I've completely forgotten what's vanilla and what's modded by this point....

There is one type of Sarsaparilla bottle - don't remember which- that's actually bulletproof! I think it's a static as opposed to a Moveable Static so if you plonk a row of them down in the GECK you can shoot them till hell freezes over. You get the 'plink' noise and a bullet hole decal when you hit one but they ain't moving, which saves quite a lot of messing about with the grab-key.

Though lacking the satisfaction of AYgric's range where the bottles go sailing off when you hit them which is fun.. and when you activate a trash can full of bottles nearby - all the bottles were back ready to go again.. Neat!

Oh, yes, that does sound fun. I've never had that happen, actually. Mebbe I just have good luck with my choice of sarsparilla bottles? (And a lot more time on my hands than in healthy? :laugh:

The static form Sarsaparilla bottle won't do you any good in the game, it's a static so it can't be grabbed or manipulated by the player - only in the GECK.

But if the firing range is apparently too boring or possibly too difficult (If I understood what was involved I'd be on the way to doing it myself) then how about Return-To-The-Lucky38 changed to return to player-home as a mod resource?

Has this been done, is it simple, hard, imposable or just dangerously bug-inducing? It would be a handy little utility, no...