Morrowind Graphics Extender

Guest Plugin Manager

I'd like to know the answer too. In the "Tools" section of MGEgui is an app called "Shader Editor" In the pop-up menu on the top left there are several shaders available. Each of them gives odd "photoshopic" effects to the entire screen, but no one matches Normal Mapping.

BTW. I found this discussion on the net:

http://www.gameskyrim.com/normal-maps-for-morrowind-t124378.html

Seems like Morrowind's native engine supports normal maps, but I tried this solution, and it didn't work.

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I've successfully installed the mod, and I'm able to change the resolution to 1920x1080. However, Distant Land doesn't work. I've generated the files, and activated them, but the draw-distance doesn't improve. My FPS drop when I change the values, but the visibility doesn't change. Can somebody tell me what I should do?

I know it is a bit late as a reply to your post but I had also the problem with no working distant land. You have to start the Morrowind launcher with administrative rights (don't have an english OS so I don't know the exact name of the option in the english windows).

The latest version works also on Steam versions of the game.

I have a computer with Windows 7 and a Steam version of the game. It works quite fine.

I know it is a bit late as a reply to your post but I had also the problem with no working distant land. You have to start the Morrowind launcher with administrative rights (don't have an english OS so I don't know the exact name of the option in the english windows).

The latest version works also on Steam versions of the game.

I have a computer with Windows 7 and a Steam version of the game. It works quite fine.

Thanks man, this will hopefully work. I should have thought about that. (It's called "run as administrator")

• 2 weeks later...

So I extract 3.8.0b into C:Program FilesSteamsteamappscommonmorrowind, and run MGEgui.exe as administrator, and it immediately crashes (32-bit Win7). Any suggestions?

Tried it without running as admin and it started right up. Sorry :blush:

Edited by BrookH

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Love the Mod..But i have a fatal error on Distance land..Any Advice?

Fatal Error;-Creating the landscape texture Distant land Set up,Cannot continue..

D3DERR-DeviceLost: (-2005530520)

I have Steam GOTY Morrowind

Intel® Core i5-2320 CPU @ 3.00GHz

I have window 7 64 bit; 8 GB of ram..

Video RAM 743.7 MB

Icon Hardware T&L Yes

Icon Pixel Shader version 5.0

Icon Vertex Shader version 5.0

Direct X 11

I have AMD Radeon HD 6450