Morrowind Graphics Extender

Guest Plugin Manager

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, quick question, easy fix I suppose...

I installed the "vurts groundcover" mod, it adds grass and looks gorgeous, but density is way too high and hurts my fps, so i found that you can decrease it on the "statics" tab on the MGE landscape wizard, but I cant go to that tab :/

I can only click on the automatic button and 2 smaller ones, it start doing some process for a minute or so and it finishes, but Im never allowed to go to the statics tab!

...tried going to mge.ini and changing

Grass density= to different values with no effect, it is saved, but ingame is always the same density...

Any help? thanks!

Edited by ElSopa

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone, this is my first time posting to this forum, since I haven't been active on here since 2008.

I'm having a problem with the Morrowind Graphic and Sound Overhaul, particularly the Morrowind Graphics Extender XE. Before this weekend, I was enjoying the full use of this cool tool, being able to see the whole island of Vvardenfell and beyond to the whole island of Solstheim. Then, all of a sudden, the distant land disappeared altogether. Now, after having uninstalled and reinstalled Morrowind and the MGSO, I am still having the same problem! The farthest I can see is to the limit of vanilla Morrowind, which is about a few hundred feet or less in-game. I figured reinstalling the MGSO and even Morrowind itself would fix the issue, but to no avail. I've regenerated the distant land textures and the statics, and that hasn't fixed the problem either.

Does anyone know what this problem could be, or has experienced it in the past? I know it strictly has to do with the Morrowind Graphics Extender XE, since it was working just a couple days ago.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone, this is my first time posting to this forum, since I haven't been active on here since 2008.

I'm having a problem with the Morrowind Graphic and Sound Overhaul, particularly the Morrowind Graphics Extender XE. Before this weekend, I was enjoying the full use of this cool tool, being able to see the whole island of Vvardenfell and beyond to the whole island of Solstheim. Then, all of a sudden, the distant land disappeared altogether. Now, after having uninstalled and reinstalled Morrowind and the MGSO, I am still having the same problem! The farthest I can see is to the limit of vanilla Morrowind, which is about a few hundred feet or less in-game. I figured reinstalling the MGSO and even Morrowind itself would fix the issue, but to no avail. I've regenerated the distant land textures and the statics, and that hasn't fixed the problem either.

Does anyone know what this problem could be, or has experienced it in the past? I know it strictly has to do with the Morrowind Graphics Extender XE, since it was working just a couple days ago.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I can't view the manuals. How do I install it to a steam version of morrowind?

You're not clear on whether you're using MGE or MGE XE (the latter is built upon the former and is still being developed).

I'd recommended switching to MGE XE if you're not already.

There're threads for both of these over at the Bethesda forums. I'm not much help with MGE / MGE XE so if your questions aren't answered in the first posts there I'd recommend registering and posting.

MGE: http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1240985-morrowind-graphics-extender-mge/

MGE XE: http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1500736-shelter-from-magnus-blaze-16-mge-xe/

Edited by Dragon32

• 2 weeks later...

So, I extract the manual install folders to C:/Programs(x86)>Steam>SteamApps>Common>Morrowind> Data Files, and when I go there, I run MGEgui.exe, and I get "MGE needss to be installed in the Morrowind directory"

Are the data files not the directory? Help please!

Edited by GageStDon

So, I extract the manual install folders to C:/Programs(x86)>Steam>SteamApps>Common>Morrowind> Data Files, and when I go there, I run MGEgui.exe, and I get "MGE needss to be installed in the Morrowind directory"

Are the data files not the directory? Help please!

You've installed it too deep in the directory structure. Rather than extracting into Data Files you should extract into C:/Programs(x86)>Steam>SteamApps>Common>Morrowind

MGEgui.exe should be in the same directory as morrowind.exe

• 2 weeks later...