Vampires Vampires Vampires

knightofyourlife

Hi all

I was thinking of adding a Vampire mod to Oblivion because I do not like the Vanilla Vampire system, But there seems to be quite a few so I don't Know what one would be best.

Could all you Vampires lovers out there give me some advice

Thank you for your time

Knightofyourlife

P.S Hot goth chicks rock

Personally I like the World of Darkness vampires. they have different clans or bloodlines and seem to closely represent what I think a vampire society would be like.

If they do not brink blood they can enter a frenzy

They take damage from sunlight

Certain clans/bloodlines get different abilities

The older they get the more powerful they become and the more blood they have in their system the more times they can use their abilities or heal.

They can drink blood from victims anywhere and not just when they sleep. A successful grapple can end up with the vampire sucking the blood of their victim.

But doing something like this in Oblivion would be difficult due to the game mechanics. As the vanilla vampires go in the game they are a pretty poor creature to become. Unless you use a vamp mod to boost their abilities and skills.

Not sure why the normal population is scared of them to be honest.

Personally I like the World of Darkness vampires. they have different clans or bloodlines and seem to closely represent what I think a vampire society would be like.

If they do not brink blood they can enter a frenzy

They take damage from sunlight

Certain clans/bloodlines get different abilities

The older they get the more powerful they become and the more blood they have in their system the more times they can use their abilities or heal.

They can drink blood from victims anywhere and not just when they sleep. A successful grapple can end up with the vampire sucking the blood of their victim.

But doing something like this in Oblivion would be difficult due to the game mechanics. As the vanilla vampires go in the game they are a pretty poor creature to become. Unless you use a vamp mod to boost their abilities and skills.

Not sure why the normal population is scared of them to be honest.

Olgark

Before WF changed all there rules agian I used to run world of darkness games at an rpg club I formed. we used to meet in a pub (hired the back room)

I did not just run one of there games I combined all of them. I loved the clan systems of all there stuff Mage,Vampire,Werewolf etc

You mentioned the World of Darkness, Is that a mod because that sounds like the sort of thing that i'm in to

Thankyou for your time

Knightofyourlife

Closest mod I could find to the WoD vampires was published by a guy called Drokk. Its fairly old and not supported anymore (by the looks of it.) But I think its the best one out there that portrays what a vampire should be like.

As for werewolf and mage mods for Oblivion I see one guy posting in this forum who seems to be making a werewolf mod. The mages one will be difficult due to the free form magic system it uses.

I suppose with enough time and abilities to script you could make a fully working WoD vampire mod with all the clans. From the Brujah down to the Ventrue clan. A bit like Vampire : The Dark Ages.

There's an old mod by Slof and someone called Peter. It's called "Aundae in Cyrodiil" and has some of the clans from Morrowind that you can be a part of. http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=OblivionMods.Detail&id=1793

Also, Modular Oblivion Enhanced has a vampire module with a clan you can join, plus some quests. http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=7902

ParasiteX New Vampires is a great mod and is capable with many of the overhauls (OOO/FCOM), provided that you use the plug-in option that changes the vampire abilities of only you and none of the NPCs. (OOO will overhaul the NPC vampires, and anything that changes NPC vampires also will be incompatible)

I used LTD's Vampire Overhaul before too, but I find that switching between "monster" mode, where your abilities were activated and "normal mode" were too immersion breaking.

Closest mod I could find to the WoD vampires was published by a guy called Drokk. Its fairly old and not supported anymore (by the looks of it.) But I think its the best one out there that portrays what a vampire should be like.

Terran Vampires is a direct translation of VtM vampires into Oblivion (clans and all). The original mod was dropped incomplete, but I believe a new group has picked it up and are working on finishing things. If ever completed, I may play a vampire: anything less than WoD-version would not interest me.

depends do you mean real vampires or the twilight stupidity.

Twilight stupidity are not vampires in my eyes. Watched the first film and thought it was rubbish, gave it away to a charity shop. And anyone who says different really needs to read the original Dracula book.