Playing an Evil Character

schijnn

I usually play goody two-shoes characters (priests/paladins), and even when I do play characters that go through the Thieves' Guild and Dark Brotherhood, I strive to avoid getting a bounty, or killing anyone I don't need to.

So, my question to all you evil-doers out there is this: Do you strive to avoid getting a bounty, or do you see how high your bounty can get? And, if you're trying to accrue a large bounty, how do you complete quests? Or do you even try?

Also, what mods do you use to facilitate your misdeeds? (I know there's one that adds secret exits/entrances to all the cities)

Why would an evil character want a bounty? A smart evil character would want to do everything they can to avoid being caught in the act. If they are a show-off, they may leave a calling card --- this would be much like using the Grey Cowl so the `Grey Fox' is the criminal, not you.

Ultimately, an evil character is a selfish one. They complete quests not to help people, but to get the reward. If a good enough reward is offered, they will gladly perform the act in the manner that results in the least effort and danger to them. Evil does not mean killing kittens in front of small children, like many people seem to think.

Why would an evil character want a bounty? A smart evil character would want to do everything they can to avoid being caught in the act. If they are a show-off, they may leave a calling card --- this would be much like using the Grey Cowl so the `Grey Fox' is the criminal, not you.

Ultimately, an evil character is a selfish one. They complete quests not to help people, but to get the reward. If a good enough reward is offered, they will gladly perform the act in the manner that results in the least effort and danger to them. Evil does not mean killing kittens in front of small children, like many people seem to think.

Well, as you said, completing quests purely for the reward is simple selfishness. Perhaps I should have titled this thread 'Playing a Psychopath'.

There's different kinds of evil characters. I like to cause as many problems as I can without anyone noticing. Summon a huge swarm of daedra to a town, 'forget' to close that Oblivion gate, rig up explosive tripwires, and mess with dispositions to get people to start street fights. It's like a hands-off psychopath.

Perhaps I should have titled this thread 'Playing a Psychopath'.

Meh. Same difference to me. What fun is calculated murder? I like to be a werewolf and the rest kind of falls in line... (at least the bodies do.)

Hehe, sounds like fun. I just see people posting screenshots of 'evil'-looking characters, and I wonder what they do in-game.

For some of my evil characters, I collect up a bunch of CM parters, then dress them all out in Pale_Rider's Berserker Armor. Looks epic to have 15 or so decked out like that. Then, depending on the mood I'm in, I turn on the 28 Days and a Bit mod, and go slaughtering.

Oh yes, cheats are a must if you play evilly. Mostly because playing against the NPCs in the game, guards are designed to whip your butt and haul you to jail. And of course, villains everywhere else in fantasy use cheats. It just doesn't do to be killable by some meager guard. Sauron, GLaDOS, Bowser, they all used cheats.