Oblivion Shivering Isles

I4sun

I've just purchased Oblivion:Shivering isles from Ebay.

I would like to know whether does Oblivion have any similarities with WoW?

Besides, is Isles an add on to the original Oblivion or it has totally different routes and stories to the game?

I'm totally new to this game and i've played and quit Wow last year but i hope to find something similar.

Oblivion is totally different. WOW is an online multiplayer game and Oblivion is a single player off line game.

For use with mods it is not a good idea to install to the default location unless you are running on WinXP

Instead, install to C:\Games\Oblivion that will save you from several problems when you use mods.

Shivering Isles is a upgrade and must be installed after Oblivion. Depending on the version you have it may need to be patched to the latest version. If you got the Game of the Year Version, it is already patched.

For other versions

Install Oblivion, start it and go through the character generation, just accept the defaults as the quickest way. Make a save and exit - this sets up the game to work with your hardware.

DO NOT PATCH YET

Now install Shivering Isles. Again start the game instead of new game just use continue with your original game. again make a save - this allows the changes from shivering isles to be incorporated into the game.

Now go here and download the FREE Shivering Isles Patch (do not use the Oblivion patch)

Install the patch and again start and make a save.

Now would be a good time to make a backup of your Oblivion\data folder - just copy it to a new location outside of the Oblivion folder.

Now start a new game and make your character like you want.

SI Patch link, in case bben46 forgot it.

It really depends on what you want in Oblivion. Multiplayer's not possible, but there's some very WoW-esque things made by mods; armors, weapons, I made a couple of dungeons from it.. It's got better quests and the like as well.

You can run Shivering Isles off an existing save, as long as it's installed properly as bben said. Once installed, you can simply wait a little while in-game for a notification to pop up to go to SI.

It doesn't have nothing to do with Tamriel, but while you're in Shivering Isles, you know it is part of Oblivion, which is awesome. Shivering Isles has a lot of interesting quests and a lot more models, great effects and it's very intelligent, you can even learn something... :thumbsup: