Spell Delete Mod

m0nsterb0y

And I know what you're going to do. You're going to link me to one of the many spell overhaul/hotkey management mods on the Nexus. But that's the problem.

See, I want a mod that primarily lets me delete spells. However, I have a Direct2Drive copy of Oblivion, which does not support OBSE. I would like to know if there is such a thing as a spell delete mod without OBSE, and if so, where I can find it. Thanks so much everyone.

Afraid not. The functions I see needed for spell deletion aren't there in vanilla. You could try tracking down each and every ID of all the spells you want to remove, then use player.removespell _____, but that'd take a long time.

Most mods don't use OBSE, actually. It's usually just the very complex quest mods, overhaul mods, and graphics and UI extenders. With that in mind, you should be able to find good mods by going to the category of mod you want, and sorting it by endorsements or downloads.

I find it difficult to suggest good mods, because it's all objective. I still would hail a save game that has good stats and torches and no mod requirements as king.

(Play my mods! My mods!)

By the way, thanks for the timely and friendly responses to my question.

No aversion to OBSE at all, in fact I tried to install it. But my version of oblivion was bought via Direct25rive, and part of the trade-off for instant CD free download is that the copy protection disables mods that edit the main executable. Add-ons are fine, but OBSE is not.