Quantum blue without HDR

evilneko

I love HDR. Sometimes. I absolutely totally hate HDR....most of the time. Horrible icky glare!

Thus, I play with it turned off for the most part. This creates a problem for me with regard to Nuka Cola Quantums, which look identical to regular Nukas with HDR turned off.

I've looked at the two in GECK. Though they look identical, they do use a different nif and Quantums seem to have a light associated with them. Can I futz with that light to make them appear blue even without HDR? They don't have to glow.

Or can someone just make a retex for me? Heck even giving them a blue bottle cap and label would be enough. Just something I could see at a glance when wandering around.

Alright, I've made a texture which increases the hue and saturation to the point where it looks like you just took a hit of sativex. You can't miss it, and it seems to work without HDR. Then again, they all seemed to work without HDR for me, so....uploading.

Worked like a charm. Quantums are now discernible even without HDR. I haven't tried turning on HDR to see what they look like with the retex yet. Frankly I don't care, since I only turn it on for certain screenshot setups or especially dim areas.