Esp Editor Question...

ExodusRisen

I was reading the readme file for Comprehensive Style Collection V1.5 and it says the following: "If you want faster edit, you can add any wanted eyes/hairs to just one race, save the plugin, then open it with any other esp editor that can copy/paste/delete subrecords. For each race, the eye list is stored in a subrecord 'ENAM', hair list is in 'HNAM'. You can copy&paste them from one race to other race, make adding eyes/hairs faster." :ermm:

I've never heard of any Esp editors outside of the game's Construction Set, but that doesn't let you copy and paste whole groups of eyes and hairs from the ENAM and HNAM. So, what Esp editor is the author talking about in this readme? At the moment, I am attempting to merge two mods, one of which has a lot of eyes and hairs so if such a timesaver exists I'd very much like to know about it. Thanks in advance for any assistance. :thumbsup:

TES Construction Set found at and can edit an esp:

http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index.php/Main_Page

You can load up Oblivion esp and choose the vanilla race of you choice, than there will be a character tab where you can add or remove hair and eyes. If you are still not sure there is a custom race tutorial which outlines hair/eyes found here:

http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index.php/Creating_a_new_race

TES Construction Set found at and can edit an esp:

http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index.php/Main_Page

You can load up Oblivion esp and choose the vanilla race of you choice, than there will be a character tab where you can add or remove hair and eyes. If you are still not sure there is a custom race tutorial which outlines hair/eyes found here:

http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index.php/Creating_a_new_race

That's not what the OP was looking for. If I read the opening post correctly, the OP already knows this and is asking if there's another program that can handle this function.

As someone who tweaks her own hair/eye mod on a regular basis, I would be interested in the answer to this as well.

Firstly, thanks for all the suggestions. :biggrin: Some have proven useful but I'm still having a problem that seems to be pretty much the same one I started out with. I'll explain...

The basics of my expeiment have been to merge the CSC (Comprehensive Style Collection V1.5) mod with a mod that adds child races. I used TES4 Gecko to merge the two mods together smoothly, and then using the Construction Set I managed to fix the eyes of the child races so they aren't crooked. But now I need to add the hairs and eyes of each child race's "parent" race. Breton hairstyles and eyes for the Breton children, etc. etc. for each of the four basic human races of Oblivion. (Breton, Imperial, Redguard, and Nord.) That is where I've hit something of a wall, so to speak. :wallbash:

You see, in the CSC mod, each race gets dozens and dozens of new eyes and hairs. The Contruction Set only allows you to place one at a time and this makes for a very time consuming process. I tried TES4 Edit and it seems to be more complicated than the Construction Set in that department. Now, I have been using TES4 Gecko, largely to merge mods. Now I am trying to see if it can copy the whole contents of a race's ENAM or HNAM from one race to be pasted on another. Here is how far I've gotten:

I start up TES4 Gecko and press the button for Display/Copy. I open up my merged mod's .esp file. Now a screen with two separate windows opens up. On the right side is the clipboard and on the left side is my .esp file. I click on Group: Races and I can see the ENAM and HNAM subrecords when I click on each race. But I can't seem to do anything with them. I can display their contents, but not copy or paste to or from them. That is the wall I've hit. :wallbash: If the TES4 Gecko can be used for editing a mod (.esp) file, how does one go bout the copy / paste routine for the subrecords? That is, assuming such a procedure is possible with this (or any) program. :rolleyes:

Quick Edit: I just noticed LFact's post and am in the process of trying out the program suggested in it. I'll let everybody know how things turn out. :thumbsup:

Success! Thanks for mentioning that CorESPreader, LFact. It works flawlessly for my purposes. I did a test by deleting the former HNAM and ENAM for the Breton child race and replacing it with copies of the adult Bryon HNAM and ENAM. The result is that now the Breton child has the exact same range of hair and eye choices as the parent race does. Which is exactly what I needed. Thanks a million for this gem of a utility! :biggrin: