Alternate Start Live Another Life CTD

Solora

Hello! I've recently installed a few mods from a different site, and now when I attempt to use the ASLAL mod, it immediately crashes as soon as I click on the statue of Mara. I've used LOOT and Wyre bash to check for errors and missing files, and I cannot find anything. Has anyone else ever had issues when clicking on the statue? Thanks

Vilja 4.0 can cause that crash. (4.01 fixes the problem) The Mara statue is a talking activator and will break if another mod creates a generic dialog entry that checks IsSneaking. (Statues can't sneak and testing that condition on them crashes the game.) So it could be any mod that adds dialog.

• 3 months later...
Guest deleted20031484

Hi, i had now the Same Problem, it took a while after i find out which Mod makes this CTD occour.

The mod "Tali Follower" adds Tali from Mass Effect into Skyrim, with voice samples of her.

As i used it and speak to the Statue then i get an CTD, now i disabled the Mod from the Checked Mods and it work. I will uninstall Tali now.

Greetings, Voicy

Edited by Voiceactor

• 6 years later...

Hi, i had now the Same Problem, it took a while after i find out which Mod makes this CTD occour.

The mod "Tali Follower" adds Tali from Mass Effect into Skyrim, with voice samples of her.

As i used it and speak to the Statue then i get an CTD, now i disabled the Mod from the Checked Mods and it work. I will uninstall Tali now.

Greetings, Voicy

Someone ported Tali to Skyrim Special Edition (taken down now) and I had the same crash happen. I just activate 'Tali Follower' it after completing Live Another Life.

• 2 years later...

I'm currently making a follower mod and I think I made this mistake: now Mara crashes on activation. Could you be more specific of "general" dialogue, please? I have a lot of lines with the sneaking variable set on zero (and some with 1). Would it be and Idle or Hello? Or is it a is Sneaking without my npc as the condition? Any help would be appreciated!