Bad Blood Textures

AngelsNecropolis

its actually not the texture file that is causing that. Its the landscape that they are on. Essentially, its the Y axis setting that is causing it. The blood is set to display right beneath the target, and if the terrain is too high where its laying, part of the effects for the blood are covered up.

Basically, the ground, floor, what have you, is blocking part of the effect.

This occurs with every instance of an enemy death. Its not just specific to an area or the terrain its on. I fell a mass of darkspawn and there is a mass of red squares everywhere that look like they are 8bit.

That's just kind of how the game is. I get the feeling they didn't spend a lot of time on the blood effects. JBTextures may help them look better, but the shape of blood on ground and patterns on characters is pretty regular.

Seeing a screenshot could help us tell you if the blood looks irregular from our own or not.

• 7 years later...

Hi, and first of all sorry for necroing this thread. I've recently downloaded this game for pc and wanted to install some texture mods. I installed Dragon Age Redesigned, only the textures, not the actual mod, and now I have this exact same issue. When I remove the Dracomies Textures VI file from the override folder the blood is normal again. It is definately not a vanilla issue. I would really like to use these textures as they are vastly superiour to the vanilla game but I can't seem to open the file with any of the erf editors I could find.

• 2 years later...

If your change your anti aliasing setting to minimum accept it... exit out of the menu than go change it back it fixes it... at least thats what worked for me

Edit: it didnt fix it for very long next fight the squares came back

Edited by Vulcanie

• 1 month later...

Hi, and first of all sorry for necroing this thread. I've recently downloaded this game for pc and wanted to install some texture mods. I installed Dragon Age Redesigned, only the textures, not the actual mod, and now I have this exact same issue. When I remove the Dracomies Textures VI file from the override folder the blood is normal again. It is definately not a vanilla issue. I would really like to use these textures as they are vastly superiour to the vanilla game but I can't seem to open the file with any of the erf editors I could find.

I can confirm I'm also having the red square issue after implementing Dragon Age Redesigned/Dracomies Textures. I'm trying to just accept it since the custom textures are so much better otherwise, but it's definitely frustrating.