Life

Will flash before my eyes

So scattered and lost

I want to touch the other side

And no one

Thinks they are to blame

Why can't we see

That when we bleed we bleed the same?

that's how I feel...it don't matter what colour we are....we all bleed the same...

It don't matter if your white, yellow, black, purple...whatever...we have this one world to live on and that's all we have...we have to get along...but people it seems will never do that...:(

That's a really counter productive argument that actualy enforces stereotypes Eiries.

I know. I was simply saying that there are reasons.... not that they're good reasons, because they're not. Hence my final statement. There are no good reasons to hate an entire ethnic group. Not one.

It don't matter if your white, yellow, black, purple...whatever...we have this one world to live on and that's all we have...we have to get along...but people it seems will never do that...

Quoted for truth.

Life

So scattered and lost

And no one

Thinks they are to blame

Why can't we see

that's how I feel...it don't matter what colour we are....we all bleed the same...

It don't matter if your white, yellow, black, purple...whatever...we have this one world to live on and that's all we have...we have to get along...but people it seems will never do that...:(

Well stated Illiad, well stated.

im afraid racism isnt going to stop

unfortunlly you cant round up all the people in the world and tell to stop being racist

because the chances off them listening is very weak

although i do have to state out 2 different racist that are used

joke racism

and racism in vain

ok so joke racism its very self explaintory but uselly youll get videos on youtube (off course marked under comedy) which will contain racism angist 1 or multiple countrys

ok thats fine because

1 they have listed this under comedy

2 people who comment on it accpect that its a joke and its ment to be laughed at

although i do not think anyone joke racist on the street because either they want thier heads punched in

ok so racism in vain this is the real main problem we have people useing it angist people for real

people who are such aboustle trolls go on on websites start posting stuff and off course (since thier a troll) its going to end up with alot off racism

now i cant name any racism remarks because i dont want to get banned and upset people to

so thats all i can say really

Life

So scattered and lost

And no one

Thinks they are to blame

Why can't we see

Well said as usual Illiad86.

Hating another person or persons for something as petty as a different skin tone has always boggled my mind. This is why things like the Federation in Star Trek as one quick example, will never work until humanity stops this nonsense. If humans abuse and belittle each other over such minor things, imagine how bad a non-human race will be greeted by those with these attitudes? The History Channel just ran a repeat of a 2-hour program detailing the Ku Klux Klan yesterday and while I've seen it before it's still disturbing. The part where 4 young girls were killed by a bomb planted in their church because it was a gathering place for many African-Americans and other people active in trying to bring civil rights to the area never ceases to disgust me.

Life

So scattered and lost

And no one

Thinks they are to blame

Why can't we see

I saw that too yesterday. One of the reasons why this topic is here.

Well said as usual Illiad86.

Hating another person or persons for something as petty as a different skin tone has always boggled my mind. This is why things like the Federation in Star Trek as one quick example, will never work until humanity stops this nonsense. If humans abuse and belittle each other over such minor things, imagine how bad a non-human race will be greeted by those with these attitudes? The History Channel just ran a repeat of a 2-hour program detailing the Ku Klux Klan yesterday and while I've seen it before it's still disturbing. The part where 4 young girls were killed by a bomb planted in their church because it was a gathering place for many African-Americans and other people active in trying to bring civil rights to the area never ceases to disgust me.

Racism has been with us since the dawn of our own intelligence.

We killed people for being slightly different than us.

Being too small, too tall, too thin, too fat... Just for looking different

It is no surprise that it still happens today.

It is in our nature to judge people around us for how they look.

It seems to be a way of life.

The media make this worse by only reporting the racist attacks and all the bad things happening in the world.

Terrorists.

War.

Rape.

Gang culture.

Immigration.

Religion.

Most of which is happening just for being DIFFERENT.

They always say how bad everything is and never report anything positive.

This makes people think negatively towards that group of people

and the cycle continues.

It has always been part of our species and will forever be part of it.

We want it to go but it just won't.

The best we can do is not encourage others to do it and not do it ourselves and that will be enough for me.

Knowing that I did not contribute to this barbarism.

It seems many people have differences of opinion as to what racism actually is. I often hear this word used too often to describe things that might not be racist. The race card is being overplayed, especially in politics.

I would like to discuss certain types of what most people would call racism.

First of all, you got the worst type, people like the Nazis, who think they are superior, and have the right to eliminate/subjugate anyone who is not like them. This could also be in the form of an ethnicity, or a religion. This kind of racism is very dangerous and I think its nothing short of barbarism.

Now some ethnic groups of people, wish to basically keep to themselves, and don't really welcome outsiders, and people like this are often described as racist also, now I think this is kind of unfounded, as long as they are doing nobody else any harm, I don't see a problem here. I think people should be able to choose to stick to their own people if they choose to, without being labeled bigots and racists.

There is also what some people might call unconscious racism, for example, the willingness to trust or distrust someone based on their ethnic appearance, I think this is the most common form of racism. But once again, I am not certain this would be fair either, I think people naturally are more open to people that look like them and have the same culture, whether they realize it or not.

From the position of the government, I think the government should be impartial to all peoples, and not discriminate, but when it comes to individuals making choices for themselves, like it or not, that is what I call freedom of speech and association.

It's just so sad that it's had to come to this. Racism, I hate very deeply, and I do not hang around people who are (Call that racist if you will, but bad influence is not within my philosophy.). It's just so stupid and a waste of time. I mean, you got the Ku Klux Klan hating blacks (Even today, lest not forget the four church girls.), you've got Hitler, and even the jews, my God, they've suffered the most. Blamed for the Black plague, the fall of nations, the reason for the holocaust, and many more unspeakable acts. And of course, one of the most heated debates of them all: America.

America is selfish, America is murderous, America is the cause of our problems, and this and that and all over. Where the hell is this steming from? Because we were the fastest developing nation who bothered to help the world despite our own intrests (Not to say lesser of any other nations, we are all equal.)? Even the recent oil spill has raised racist slurs because everyone blams it on Obama because he's black. Everyone seems to forget the fact that it wasn't his responsibility to look over BP. I can't express how much this enfuriates me when other nations are doing things as bad and worse.

I swear, the day this ends is the day hell freezes over, and that disappoints me greatly as to how low this generation has sunk.

If you think this generation is bad, you should have seen my grandfathers generation, people would proudly and publicly refer to people not like them, with racial slurs.

And I agree that the Jews were butchered by Hitler during the holocaust, but they are not exactly angels themselves either, according to what they are doing to the Palestinians. They are initiating very racist policies toward Palestine. And much of what they are doing in Palestine isn't reported by the mainstream media, and is only available from certain newspapers and online sources.

When you have something as powerful as a religion contributing to the idea of superiority, for example being told you are god's chosen people, or etc, racism continues to be promoted by an ideology that is very powerful. If you think you are god's chosen people, then you would also have to think that someone that isn't like you, isn't chosen by god, and is inferior, which IS racism. Not gonna say which religion that is, figure it out. As long as racism is promoted in ways like this, it will never end.

And I agree it does take two to tango.