Overwriting files

parkster232

I am just a beginner at using mods, so please bear with me. If i install a file and it says the file already exist in another mod and ask if i want to override it, do i override it or not. And if so will they both still work? Another fiile question is similar to the first, it will say the file already exit. It ask if I want overwrite it or no? If no, then it will load by itself. So, if it loads by itself will it still work? Sorry if this sounds confusiing, but as I said I am still learning this stuff. thanks

depends on the mod files. some yes some no. it is best that you dont over right certain mods though such as better vampires. also some mods simply have similar name files or assets as another mod in which case overwriting is also something you dont want to do. so in other words what mods are we talkin bout here? i might be able to help.

You can only have one copy of a particular file that will be used by the game. So you need to consider which of the two mods involved is the most important. Sometimes the "conflicting" files are simply the same modder resource packaged into two mods and it doesn't matter which one is loaded because they are really the same.