New Forum Section Available - Software Programs

LHammonds

Don't forget the program "Goldwave"

I didn't forget it...cause I never knew about it. :)

I'll check it out and add it to the list. Know of any tutorials for it or anything specific to modding?

LHammonds

Another program you could add is Cyberlink PowerDirector.

It is a powerful video editing program that came free with my new nvidia video card. $100 value.

http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector/overview_en_US.html

I'll add it as well even though I personally detest that software. I've had nothing but trouble with their software on several machines and upgrading to the full version did nothing to help the situation and their support stinks. Always had to end up using a different package to get around the issues with it...mainly with Blu-Ray.

LHammonds

Sketchup would be a valuable addition. whilst the free one cannot export to the right format for Fallout, Source engine games can read it fine providing the hammer pluging is installed, and it's very easy to learn. :D Edited by LHammonds
Will do...thanks for the suggestion.

There is another normalmapping tool from Nvidia.

It's for free and uses Cuda, so i think users of Nvidia cards shoud have a look on it.

It can be found here:

Nvidia Melody

Ah yes...I have that tool uploaded here on the Nexus. I'll add that one too. But it is not just for NVidia card owners. I have an ATI card and the program works just fine on it as well.

Thanks,

LHammonds