Pets are so lovely

Pushkatu

They look cool in the tank...don't seem to grow very fast though. Need a lot of light for live plants..that's why we have the smaller light on top there. The plant next to it is an "onion" of some sort. We buy the bulbs at the fish store...the onions are the only ones that seem to grow lol. No one seems to buy the bulbs...so half the time they are all dried up and don't grow :( Cheaper than buying pre established plants though...$10 is way too much for a plant lol.

Ya gotta get a pleco ;) He's your tank janitor hehe...they clean off all the algae on the plants, decor, glass, rocks, etc. Loaches are cool....but he makes such a mess lol...sticks his entire face in the gravel and shoots crap all over the place :P That's a dojo loach...we wanted to get a Kooli loach.

http://tropicalfish-tank.com/images/borderImages/kuhli_loach2.jpg

Beautiful....but they never seem to have them in stock...I can see why though :)

There's lots of different kinds of tetras :) Most common are those neon ones...but they get sick very easily :(

Haha...yucky, I gotta clean the front of the tank off :P

Edited by Illiad86

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To all my animal lover friends, until my health prevented it recently I volunteered at The Heart and Soul Animal Sanctuary here in Pecos, New Mexico. They could really use donations (and they do not have to be monetary, for example, old towels are a wonderful gift-but money is good too!) if anyone is able or willing to send them anything. Their website is www.animal-sanctuary.org if you'd like to read about them. Thanks. Please do not feel pressured at all. I just thought that since we are all animal lovers on this thread you might like to see what this particular outfit is doing. I've actually worked there and seen it for myself, so thought I would share.

If you ignore the CD(I used it in order to make him agressive. I red that it's recommand to perform this "operation" every once in a while, becouse in the wild they have to fight with other males all day long and it will also tell me if he is healthy or not.) I managed to get a clear shot of him(as clear as I could, not perfect). Look how beautiful he is. And he is not yet fully matured, he will still grow. :wub:

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk185/pushkatu/CIMG3341.jpg

he's beautiful :) My mama had a metallic red coloured one...his name was Sven lol. She had a crawdad (crayfish) that was that pretty blue colour...he used to snip Sven's fins off :( Mean little thing...actually have a picture of him :)

http://i683.photobucket.com/albums/vv200/Illiana86/DSCF0312.jpg

Hehe...and here's my mom's cat...S**thead lol...her bf named the cat :P She lost part of her ear to frostbite when she was a kitten :( Cute cat though, she snots and sneezes a lot though :P

http://i683.photobucket.com/albums/vv200/Illiana86/DSCF0321.jpg

I believe she was a stray...but he said he found her when she was tiny and her ear was like that :( Sweet girl...just wish she didn't snot all over you all the time lol.

hehe cat lovers will get a giggle out of this :P

http://i683.photobucket.com/albums/vv200/Illiana86/cat.gif

laughed my butt off when I found this lol

hum stupid background lol...but yeah :P

Edited by Illiad86

Me and my family allo love animals very much and we've had a fair few in our time.

First of all - the cats;

Just yesterday my mum brought home a new kitten - me and my boyfriend named her Sylvanas xD She's onloy around 6-7 weeks so she's tiny and just looks like a little ball of fluff. She constantly cries fro attention then continues to tun around like a little madcat. She isn't litter-trained either, which is a tad annoying, as she's already peed in the bed a couple of times, but we're getting there.

And then there's Godric and Blackadder, who were wild, but are now a couple of the tamest cats you'd ever meet. Blackadder just goes into a fit of purrs as soon as you like at him.

Then we have Sun and Munchkin, who both gave birth to a littler of kittens a few weeks ago. All of them were sold except from one who we decided to keep. He's a little monkey called Gaylord, hehe. His full name is Gaylord McFluffBall. Though he isn't really fluffy anymore as he's grown into his coat now and it's all smooth and shiny.

Lastly, and the oldest, is Smokey. She was also wild when we first got her, but after weeks of tending to her, I tamed her and she's now just a big softie. She spends most of her time outside and comes back in to get a bit of food and some attention.

We also have Harley, a Great Dane. He's a harlequin mismatch, hence the name. We did have another one, Buffy, but she unfortunately passed away a year ago from a heart attack. Harley's getting on a bit now, being 9 years old. He's very healthy though, so he should hopefully be around for another few years. I don't know what it's going to be like without him.

We've had many cats over the years, but the one I felt the strongest bond with and loved so much, was my own cat, Bam. A couple of weeks ago he went missing, and I know he's not coming back. It's heartbreaking for me because I literally loved him so much, I cry about him regularly and miss him so much, and I feel like that's never going to go away. He was incredibly special to be and he'll never be forgotten.

I would post pictures but I'm at work just now, so I'll post some when I get home xP