Site Ads

TheDarkStaff

I know of a solution to this problem, which is positive for both The Nexus and you!

Become a Premium User!! :D

It's worth it!

This. :thumbsup:

I block ads for security, since malvertisements are pretty much the biggest threat to internet users. I didn't want to block ads here, but it was impractical with my setup not to block. Thus premium is the only way I can support the site.

Blocking ads is fun and yeah it was great when I was a premium member with NO ads =D

Adverts just seems to be a general annoyance now. I have never ever bought something from an ad, it is the same on television.

Who actually buys things from ads?

Sure without it there wouldn't be funding but still... It really is plain and simple. NO ONE WANTS THEM

Every time I get a pop-up I just close it, I laugh everytime I win something. I mean... How can I win being the 1,000,000 visiter of the nexus over 100 times in a row?! =P

I hated the video and sound ads... Runes of Magic... eurgh that was the worst.

That ad was the reason I got an ad blocker in the first place.

Google Chrome has an Adblock plugin that works miracles against the noisy stuff. Was about to rant about this myself when I saw this thread - I was just settling in to do a screenshot descrip when some god-awful marketing monstrosity with a 2-min-plus interview tried to blow out my eardrums (was poking around the Wasteland with my volume up earlier). And I was probably gonna break something if I heard 'CONGRATULATIONS! YOU'VE WON!' one more friggin' time...

As much as I'd love to support this site, I don't have the spare change for things like premium memberships in this economy (I dun even have premium on DevArt, and I've been there for twice as long), and I really dun like being spammed with marketing nonsense and malware, so In Nuclear Methods I Trust. :P