Project: Odyssey - Odyssey of the Dragonborn contributors needed

icecreamassassin

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey that'd be awesome man, What level of involvement would you like? Major role, significant 1 act character or a handful of various incidentals? or maybe a bit of whatever? I have a few fairly major characters I'll be casting in the coming weeks and I'd love to utilize your talents on something significant if you are up for it.

That's awesome man, I look forward to working with you again. I'll put together some brief character profiles for NPC's that are coming up in the next few acts and see if any of them tickle your fancy and if you could maybe do a quick generic take of a character voice for any you are interested in? That'd be great.

Here you go :smile:

Odyssey of the Dragonborn - Character Summaries

Lord Valthurian of Summerset:

This is the arch villain of the story. He is a member of the Thalmor high counsel and is the head of the Thalmor’s “Arcane mysteries” department (so to speak, think Hitler’s SS Paranormal division type of thing). He runs a bit if a shadow faction within the Thalmor that is basically in charge of unhinging and destroying Mundus in order to re-attain immortality. His mandate on the surface is to procure any object of power to aid the Thalmor. Ancano was a member of his unit. The secret agenda is to get a tower stone so that the Thalmor can raise a new Numidium. This is still really a cover as the ultimate goal of the Thalmor is to destroy Mundus. He is also in possession of the staff of chaos (obtained from white gold tower after the great war). he is very cold and calculated, and quite sinister without being maniacal.

ACT 1

Vorian Direnni:

800+ year old Altmer, Oldest living member of the direnni clan. Alchemist by trade, forced reluctantly into a leadership role as Castellan of Balfiera and in charge of overseeing Ada Mantia. (He wrote De Rerum Dirennis). He was advisor to Uriel Septim VII and Chancellor Ocato prior to their respective assassinations and after the great war and white gold concordant, returned to Balfiera to avoid the Thalmor. He’s resistant to the idea of joining the dominion as he’s rather tired and has no interests in aspiring to world domination like his ancient clansmen once did. His only priority in life now is to safeguard the tower

ACT 2

Sleeping Tree:

The sleeping tree is as some have theorized, a Hist from Vile’s realm, or more appropriately, from Umbriel (the section cut from Vile’s realm). The quest to get to Umbriel involves the Hist sending you there. Just a few lines

Astolphous:

A Breton or Imperial perhaps who is a member of the Psijiic order. He’s met in the infernal city of Umbriel as the Psijiics and Thalmor give chase through the city, fighting their way to the ingeneium. He helps fight back the Thalmor with the player’s help and joins further efforts to thwart Valthurian . He’s basically a complete counterbalance to Auryen the curator’s attitude, where Auryen is very much a history geek and gets almost giddy over new developments, Astolphous tends to weigh all the possible downfalls and is much more grounded and somewhat grim about the implications of things that stand in their way at times. I always have pictures a bit of a thin English accent to his voice, but not really set in stone.

Clavicus Vile:

Vile intercepts your arrival on Umbriel. It appears above the sea of ghosts and you get the hist to send you there but Vile pulls you to his realm first and explains in detail about the sword Umba and how Umbriel can possibly still exist and basically is really pissed off that yet again the sword eludes him and he wants you to destroy it once and for all. After getting his quest he sends you to Umbriel. Vile shows up at the climax and deals the final blow that destroys Umbra and returns the energy of Umbriel to his own realm. He rewards you and the shattered shell of Umbriel crashes into the sea.

FUTURE ACTS

Other voices that are planned but not really set in stone yet are:

-A magical voice for the Orrery of Green Sap

-Ghosts of Legendary characters from the battle of red mountain where a spectral echo of the war ensues inside red mountain for eternity (King Dunmac, Kagrenac, Almalexia, Nerevar, Lord Daggoth, Sotha Sil) just a few lines during their battle scenes.

-A’tor: The soul blade of Hammerfell, obtained in the Crypt of Hearts. This “character” ends up being a talking sword, much like how the Llacor mod works and is key during the missions of the act and later comes back to remain at the museum and can be overheard conversing with the curator quite a bit.

That’s really the gist of the major male characters at the moment. Of course there are plenty of others I’d love fill in for if we run short on VA’s I have a good handful of standbys I use a lot as well as a handful of new folks who want on board, but more is always better :wink:

No specific line Daniel, just improvise based on the blurbs about the character, maybe just a quick line with a couple different characterizations or something.

@CompletetheCircuit Yeah I'll be in touch when we need to get some lines together for the general population of Balfiera. There will be a lot of need for some various general voice types. Thanks.

• 3 months later...

Ice, I'd love to help out. Mostly, I write. And edit. I'll pm you with samples of the RP I do (on a forum) that's set in Skyrim. In those RPs I don't slavishly follow vanilla quest lines - my people are their own folks, and while some of the Skyrim world happens around them, their own worlds hare off in other directions.

I'm extremely good with spelling, grammar, punctuation, etc. I'll happily edit for clarity and precision if that's what's needed.