Mirroe mirror on the wall

ICERAY2000

It CAN be done. I saw a video of a few high-quality shaders a few months back, and it included water reflecting everything, including custom anims an armors.

It was called the extreme graphics overhaul preview or something like that. I have it downloaded but I'm not sure where I got it.

That mod uses a different integration method then the game engine for shaders and lighting. diegog5 is the person working on that mod, he hasn't done any work on it in months afaik because he got stuck on some things mainly having to do with c++ and programing. There is no release file yet so it cant be downloaded and there is no expected release date as of now.

The "F" key! I did not know about that - the first time I did not hold it down so I thought it didn't work. That will be good enough to front view an outfit for now - thanks!

I still think a mirror is a cool idea - wasn't there also one in Half Life 2? I know I was in a big room somewhere in some game, and turned around and shot my reflection before I realized what it was.

Well, at least reflect on it.

I am aware of TFC but that is totally cumbersome - open console, tfc, close console move to look at self, console ,tfc, close consol, f2 to select next outfit, click it, etc. NOT elegant as a mirror... I know the world's gone all ugly, but some of the armors and outfits are great to look at. LING's must get a mirror!

But you speak as if you don't know you can swing the camera around without using tfc.

You can.

I believe a mirror may not be possible, surely someone would've made one by now otherwise. Either that or it is difficult enough no one considers it worthwhile. :(

I believe that PipBoy is not available while in TFC mode, thus making veiwing multiple outfits again cumbersome.

I'm thinking try it on check it out next try-on etc. The F key thing IS acceptable for now, thanks!

Actually, there IS a working prototype in a mod of mirrors in game already. It is in a basement of a building in the DC Interiors Project. It isn't elegant by any means, but it is there. I'm not sure the coc numbers, but it is in the area before you go to the whitehouse, under an old bridge, inside a toy store I believe.

Actually, there IS a working prototype in a mod of mirrors in game already. It is in a basement of a building in the DC Interiors Project. It isn't elegant by any means, but it is there. I'm not sure the coc numbers, but it is in the area before you go to the whitehouse, under an old bridge, inside a toy store I believe.

WELL THEN! We just need a MODmaker to whip something up from it - I'm no MOD maker. How about a mirror that you could take with you and only shows the PC full length? or any more convenient, more accessible instance than a hidden toy store.

Any modders out there interested?

As a temporary holdover, you can use vanity mode (Like the screen waiting thing) by holding down your 3rd-1st person toggle key (R by default, I believe).

Thanks - that one I did not know about - "R". I've tried the "F" key that rotates the view around the character and that's usable as well.

Thanks for the responses; just have to wait to see if any modder thinks it's a good enough idea to do, go for it!