Blades or Blunts?

Deleted2197662User

Blade's are the best because they are quick, accurate and dangerous.

Blunt's suck because they are slow and easy to dodge and with a nice combo a blade user could have killed you before you even got lined up for a second shot.

**Edit**

This topic is not something that was not made to get on people's nerves (although it probably will) it was made by me to debate if people preferred blunt's of blades or blade's over blunt's. NOT so you can yell at each other and swear your head off. This is against the rules and would result in a strike or a straight out ban.

Blades all the way. Especially daggers. Sure, they're short, but they're what you want if you want to make the game-breaking Healthdrainer and Sleepgiver daggers, since they strike twice per second.

They are both the same, in the end it comes down what style of character you want to play; if you have your blunt skill and your blade skill both at say, 50, and you have a blade and a blunt weapon which each way the same amount, they will swing at the same speed (and I beleive there is no damage difference at all).

But personally, I preffer blades being a stealth class character, and I would say that blunt is best suited for a heavy-armoured warrior... but only because of looks.

And, there are more special swords in the game than special hammers/axes. *POSSIBLE SLIGHT SPOILER* You've got Chillrend, Goldbrand, Umbra, Sword of the Crusader, Ebony Blade(almost forgot that beauty), Dawnfang/Duskfang and Shadowrend. For blunt you've got Mace of Molag Bal, Volendrung, Mace of the Crusader and Shadowrend(you'll understand if you've done the main ShivIsles quest).

So yeah, blades are the way to go.

A wise man can see the benefits of mastering both.

Because a blade may be faster and more accurate, but to say a blunt weapon sucks is simply foolhardy.

After all, by the 13th century armour was so effective that virtualy no bladed weapon could reliably pierce it-whereas a mace of the same weight could smash a man's skull helmet or no.

I favour blunt because they are the thinking man's tool of brutal slaughter. With a blunt weapon you can either strike you enemy dead with a single killing stroke, or slowly grind them down, since they are far superior for targeting internal organs. Against an unarmoured target, a blade is a far superior weapon, and much more elegant, but what sort of idiot goes into battle unarmoured? To deal with armour, one needs a mace.