How do I delete my game (and mods) but keep my Saves?

Hawk7777

Since no one knew how to help me fix the issue with the perk points. I would like to just delete/uninstall everything (the game and all the mods), and then reinstall it all.

But I do not want to loose my progress (levels, followers, items, etc) in the game.

How do I go about doing this but keep my saved game?

About My Computer

Windows 7 Professional

Service Pack 1

Processor: Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz 2.39 GHz

Installed Memory (RAM): 3.00 GB

System type: 32-bit Operation System

Computer - ACPI x86-based PC
Video Card - NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT (I know I need a better one)

Processors - SEE PICTURE

Hard Drives Free Space - (My saves are on C, but my game is on D)

- C: 33.9 GB free of 149 GB

- D: 428 GB free of 465 GB

I do not have BOSS or LOOT yet. (Not entirely sure what they are for) Wasn't sure if I needed it because I figured with my video card, I would only be able to dl a few Mods anyway.

I will look into these in the meantime though.

MODS

I am using Nexus Mod Manager

SEE PICTURES for list of my Plugins and Mods.

PROCESSORS

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab106/HawkTK9401/Skyrim%20Mod%20Step%20By%20Step/DSCN0379.jpg

PLUGINS

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab106/HawkTK9401/Skyrim%20Mod%20Step%20By%20Step/DSCN0368.jpg

MODS

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab106/HawkTK9401/Skyrim%20Mod%20Step%20By%20Step/DSCN0370.jpg

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab106/HawkTK9401/Skyrim%20Mod%20Step%20By%20Step/DSCN0371.jpg

DATA LIST

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab106/HawkTK9401/Skyrim%20Mod%20Step%20By%20Step/DSCN0372.jpg

Let me know if you need any further info. I tried to be thorough. :smile:

The easy way if you're worried about it would be to copy your savegames to a flash drive, uninstall/reinstall, then move them back.

It's really as easy as that???

I was thinking I'd try that, but I thought surely it would be more commplicated. haha.

Question... When do I move the save folder back exactly? After I reinstall the game (before I reinstall the mods)? Or AFTER I reinstall the mods as well?

Thank you!!

Edited by Hawk7777

Dont move the folder....

Once the Game is installed , let IT and steam create all the folders. Then you can add your "Files" back into the folders that got created. thing is tho...

Nothing actually has to be done , Steam and Skyrim are slobs, they do NOT remove the extra folders OR delete any of your saves in the first place. This can cause problems because also in that folder in MY docs are the INI files. So even after a RE-install your OLD ini files remain causing all kinds of problems.

Skyrim folder, WITH all your old mods would remain also.

APPDATA is another folder Steam/Skyrim do not delete, again leaving crap behind to cause issues...

Sloppy.

===================

EDIT:

To be thorough....a full NUKE (of course saving your saves to a separate drive / folder)

C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Local\Skyrim <<,The files in here tell the game What to load. or what you have as far as DLC.

E:\Users\[your user name]\Documents\My Games\Skyrim <<<<saves , SKSE folder, Papryus logs...bla bla

E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim <<<main Game folder.

Do an UNinstall with steam and check these 3 folders....tell me what you have left. On a big install , after the uninstall i will bet GIG';s of Data left over.

Best way i found to deal with this>>>Guide:Make Skyrim Vanilla Again Saves you a massive download of the Game. Works. My 250 mod setup is based on this method.

Edited by camaro_69_327

Dont move the folder....

Once the Game is installed , let IT and steam create all the folders. Then you can add your "Files" back into the folders that got created. thing is tho...

Nothing actually has to be done , Steam and Skyrim are slobs, they do NOT remove the extra folders OR delete any of your saves in the first place. This can cause problems because also in that folder in MY docs are the INI files. So even after a RE-install your OLD ini files remain causing all kinds of problems.

Skyrim folder, WITH all your old mods would remain also.

APPDATA is another folder Steam/Skyrim do not delete, again leaving crap behind to cause issues...

Sloppy.

===================

EDIT:

To be thorough....a full NUKE (of course saving your saves to a separate drive / folder)

C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData\Local\Skyrim <<,The files in here tell the game What to load. or what you have as far as DLC.

E:\Users\[your user name]\Documents\My Games\Skyrim <<<<saves , SKSE folder, Papryus logs...bla bla

E:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim <<<main Game folder.

Do an UNinstall with steam and check these 3 folders....tell me what you have left. On a big install , after the uninstall i will bet GIG';s of Data left over.

Best way i found to deal with this>>>Guide:Make Skyrim Vanilla Again Saves you a massive download of the Game. Works. My 250 mod setup is based on this method.

Thanks man.

I think i need to delete my game though too? It won't let me upgrade my Ancient Shrouded Armor. It says I don't have the Perk for it. But I do. I don't know if deleting just the mods will fix it.

I'll try just making in vanilla first. And then reinstall the mods I guess. See if that helps. If not, then Im going to have to do the whole thing...

I dont know... I am not sure what the problem is with the perks. Some magic items will allow me to upgrade them, others wont. Very odd.
Not sure if I want to delete it all and start over just for that though. Im wondering if the same problem will exist anyway...

Edited by Hawk7777