Skyrim launches, and then hangs.

firepyromaniac

So many questions to even start helping with what you posted. But we can start by helping you to Start diagnosing these things on your own. You mention FNIS , MO and SKSE, First thing to explain is how you install these, are you doing Everything thru MO? All programs now have to be run from inside MO using the "RUN" button. Create EXE for every program you use. Google "Gopher" at YouTube. he has a bunch of VIDS on using MO.

Download TES5Edit. Create a RUN exe inside MO, launch it and click OK to what was pre-selected. IF it finishes without error its not a missing master . we will have to look elsewhere.

IF

An error pops up "Editing Disabled" look at what the error is {right side of program}, the mod listed is the cause, if you do not understand , post the last 20 lines here , we can have a look.

Run LOOT this could be a Load order issue. Post a LOOT log.

Post your System Specs.

The STEP team has a good WIKI. Main Page, Guide:Mod Organizer

Have fun, post back with updates and or more info...:)

Sorry for not giving more information, here is what I can tell you:

I am running everything through MO and watch all of gophers videos because he is great,

I ran TESV5Edit through MO and it actually got that "editing disabled" error, but after a little trial and error with loot I managed to not get that error any more, but when I launched skyrim through MO with SKSE it created the exact same crash.

And here: http://justpaste.it/ik2c is the LOOT log.

Specs:

GTX 770 2gb Pny

8gb ram

256gb ssd

Amd FX-8320 8-core processor

Now we are getting somewhere..:)...Read that LOOT log carefully, do what it says, Clean the mods it tells you to clean. (Yes eve the Official DLC's)

The LOOT guys are smart IF they tell me this i would listen!! (this IS in your log.)

Warning: This file contains unexpected (or out of order) records and should be removed. <<<find that mod and remove. I will let you decide if you really need that mod.

Have fun...yes Gopher is great , he has vids on the cleaning process!..

Now we are getting somewhere.. :smile:...Read that LOOT log carefully, do what it says, Clean the mods it tells you to clean. (Yes eve the Official DLC's)

The LOOT guys are smart IF they tell me this i would listen!! (this IS in your log.)

Warning: This file contains unexpected (or out of order) records and should be removed. <<<find that mod and remove. I will let you decide if you really need that mod.

I got rid of that shady mod and cleaned all default DLCs and mods that needed it to no avail, exact same crash exact same way unfortunately. It was kind of expected having cleaned these before and watched Golphers video in the past. LOOT is not telling me anything that I haven't done already either so I really have zero idea what to do at this point. And right? The man is just so chill in his explanations and his voice... ohh just so good.

Now we are getting somewhere.. :smile:...Read that LOOT log carefully, do what it says, Clean the mods it tells you to clean. (Yes eve the Official DLC's)

Weird fix, if you can call it one. Deleting d3d9.dll from the skyrim main folder seemed to have fixed the crash, although I have a feeling ENBs won't look too good anymore. Time to find a new fix!

you did not mention an ENB...that is a whole new thing.....

The d3d9.dll (from an ENB) has issues with anything that has an Overlay...some examples..

MSI afterburner

PrecisionX

Razer Game booster

Xfire

Steam's in-game Overlay

Find the program you have running that ENB's DLL is not getting along with, and either find the fix or disable. And YES removing the d3d9.dll COMPLETLY turns off the ENB.