Image Share Restrictions Suggestions

Ranokoa

Maybe adding pictures to the pink box? Like this <nude girl/man picture with a large red cross over it>? You know, translators don't make any sense when languages are really different.

For example if I put it into translator from english to russian, understanding that there are images in the link is... hard. And the word "nudity" is treated strangely.

I could live with that....I would think just about everywhere would understand that indication...if there is someway to simulate a icon of an undressed person..like a girl and man with a dress and suit and like a greek checkmark or an OK! and then the same stick figures sans clothing with the big red X or whatever.

Beyond that (and that is only as Sarya said the words maybe do translate bizarre) I don't know what more could be done or that anything else should.

*platter of cookies*

Maybe adding pictures to the pink box? Like this <nude girl/man picture with a large red cross over it>? You know, translators don't make any sense when languages are really different.

For example if I put it into translator from english to russian, understanding that there are images in the link is... hard. And the word "nudity" is treated strangely.

LOL :biggrin:

Now that would be amusing to see!

Someone with some art skillz, draw up such a sign!

Probably, though lining through a censored picture may get a wrong idea. After all, it should be already aiming at people who have problems with understanding the site. Maybe a group of images, like female chest/female groin/male groin, each censored by this line (two crossing lines?) itself and no black squares...

I also thought that translating that message on other languages could work, either giving the right one depending on IP, or forcing to choose language before uploading... but with potentially too many languages used here it involves too much effort. Though that is a short message, also translation could be done for free by volunteers. I find this way unrealistic, though.

... Even the foolish people couldn't possibly get themselves banned if they see something like that...

Au contraire! They will still do it, and they will still get themselves banned, they just won't be able to whinge (whine) that they "didn't understand." :thumbsup: