Construction set face problems

Chappi55

Hello, I'm sorry for bursting so many questions but I have ran into another problem.

The problem's that I cannot (in most cases) edit the npc faces in the construction set.

Here's what I mean - I'm trying to make female dremora's look actually acceptable as females.

So I have resetted their faces so they look like imperials, but here comes the problem - only in few cases I can edit the face texture.

In most cases the face texture sliders do not change anything, but overall body skin and in some cases ears only.

So I'm stuck with that. Next thing, when I change the dremora females into other race they look all manly - beard, non shaved face - just gross. And I can't change those textures either, I cannot even reset them.

And yes, I have "Female" ticked in the npc edition screen.

Whenever you edit a new race in the CS, you should always press the 'Reset Face' button before editing. Try that.

But what if I want to edit existing race? It does not work even when I'm editing existing non dremora npc's.

Also yes I've tried that too. Switched dremora female to imperial and she looked just wrong - beard and other male stuff. Resetting face does not help.

The thing I noticed - on some npc's the texture editing works. On some only ears are altered, and on some only the body without whole head is affected.

But what if I want to edit existing race? It does not work even when I'm editing existing non dremora npc's.

Also yes I've tried that too. Switched dremora female to imperial and she looked just wrong - beard and other male stuff. Resetting face does not help.

The thing I noticed - on some npc's the texture editing works. On some only ears are altered, and on some only the body without whole head is affected.

That's because each race has unique, well almost unique, features, meshes, textures, etc. Simply changing a Wood Elf into a Dremora will look...silly!

That's because each race has unique, well almost unique, features, meshes, textures, etc. Simply changing a Wood Elf into a Dremora will look...silly!

Yeah I get what you mean, but the case is that I'm trying to edit existing npc's without changing them to other races.

I've tried changing the dremora to imperial to see if it was dremora race problem, but it looks like a common problem with all races.

The funny thing is that I can freely edit for example, Companion Neeshka's face. But I guess it's because she's a custom npc. I can edit all custom/new npc's just fine.

So I guess it's the premade face texture problem as LFact noticed. I'm trying the fix now.

The fix works great. I can freely edit the texture options in editor now. I can't even describe how helpfull that was guys, kudos for you both and thanks again :)