How do you install NIF Scripts on Portable X Blender?

caterpie

Oh, well I misunderstood. I thought the "x" was a typo. Anyways, I thought that version was called Blender Portable or is there some other implementation like it?

The problem with "portable" versions is due to dependencies. Portable software make themselves independent from the OS (as in not installed and attached to) and fairly transparent...when the USB and application go away, the OS is not supposed to have any residue left over. However, Blender can run by itself but if you want scripts to run you need Python and Blender needs to be able to "find" Python and if Python is portable too, then YOU are probably going to need to do some re-configuration to make the two aware of each other...then throw into the mix that you need to also include portable versions of PyFFI and Blender NIF Scripts. It might behoove you to figure out how to package all these together in a single portable app rather than standalone apps...although I am sure that would be quite involved.

Oh, well I misunderstood. I thought the "x" was a typo. Anyways, I thought that version was called Blender Portable or is there some other implementation like it?

I was given a link for x blender in a different topic I posted a while back and I was directed to this download page:

http://www.winpenpack.com/en/download.php?view.41

And since the topic was old and this was set up, why not just ask about it here.

Looks like that particular package includes Python 2.6.2. You would need to find out how to get PyFFI and Blender NIF Scripts to 1. install and 2. have Blender recognize them. It would probably be better to download the archive versions of PyFFI and NIF Scripts and figure out where the files need to be placed and what variables have to be created/modified for Blender to see the scripts.

If there is a feedback or request section at winPenPack, it would probably be best to see if the people that created the "X Blender" package would tell you how to get PyFFI and Blender NIF Scripts working with it.

EDIT: I edited your 1st post to include a link to X Blender with the additional information that Python is included in it.

LHammonds

Looks like that particular package includes Python 2.6.2. You would need to find out how to get PyFFI and Blender NIF Scripts to 1. install and 2. have Blender recognize them. It would probably be better to download the archive versions of PyFFI and NIF Scripts and figure out where the files need to be placed and what variables have to be created/modified for Blender to see the scripts.

If there is a feedback or request section at winPenPack, it would probably be best to see if the people that created the "X Blender" package would tell you how to get PyFFI and Blender NIF Scripts working with it.

LHammonds

So I need to go find the zipped folders of the programs I am missing and just figure out what goes where.... lol at least I got something to do tonight.