[Updated] Nexus Trojan/Virus alert

Dark0ne

Nearly a year?

Sorry but to me that sounds like you've got an infected computer =P

I've been here for months and have not see anything of the sort =P

You seem to be the only person experiencing this because if it were happening to me, like LHammonds said. I'd be trying to help the owner rid of the problem.

You should have made a thread on the forums detailing your issues and posting screenshots of them.

As for the year of virus ridden ads? I think not.

As far as I'm personally aware, I've only had 1 ad come up as a problem and that was during the week that they appeared (And were swiftly dealt with =D)

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KDS, don't misunderstand what I was saying, I am not implying that he has not had a problem over the last year...just stating what members should do I they care about continuing to view the site. His problem may be due to already being infected or an ad that never got reported that only displayed in his region. If somebody in America tells Dark0ne there is a bad ad on the front page, Dark0ne cannot simply go to the front page and see it because when he does, he sees the ads specifically targeted for his region. He NEEDS people viewing the site to obtain screenshots and any other information about the problem they are experiencing.

LHammonds

you should learn from the past admin.

He has learned. This site still exists and is thriving despite the high cost of running it on a daily basis and has done so for many years. A success story few people are able to boast about.

How would YOU go about learning from this experience? Would you cut off the ad servers and remove a major source of income...and thus start removing services due to the budget cut? What would you get rid of first? ImageShare section? All extra file servers? Reduce maximum file sizes to 25 MB?

If you have a better solution to keeping ad servers, please tell us...and please don't guess, make assumptions or generalizations either. I am extremely interested to hear your solution (honestly).

LHammonds

You have no idea how the internet works do you?

There are exploits in everything, anything can be infected and injected with code. All sites face this issue, it is a fact of life on the internet. No site is immune, everything will get infected or hacked at various times. Remember this, they only have to be right once, we have to be right every time. Also something to consider, you can't build in security for threats that are not defined or do not exist now.....as our crystal ball is out for calibration.

Well actually it is a magic 8 ball, but it always has an answer.

you should learn from the past admin.

If you have a better solution to keeping ad servers, please tell us...and please don't guess, make assumptions or generalizations either. I am extremely interested to hear your solution (honestly).

LHammonds

Become PREMIUM MEMBERS. You don´t get the adds, Dark0ne gets more money for the site :thumbsup: