Displaying multiple weapons on your PC

devinpatterson

So I downloaded the Chance's knife mod from earlier in the thread but for some reason the automatic esp doesn't appear to be doing anything. I tried the manual one and it worked great but the automatic one won't equip the knife when it is in my inventory. Any suggestions from anyone as to what might be causing it? Would really like to have all my weapons showing as equipped if possible :)

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Hey sorry, I didn't realize how much work that would be. It's not that big a deal for the two hand weapon to be clipping, I never use them. Also the weapons will only appear when they're in your inventory right? I won't be using another two handed gun whilst having those two on me. I typically lower my carry weight for a bit more realism so having that many guns wouldn't really be feasible. If it's a whole thing I wouldn't mind just having the AMR and the Sleepytime 10mm sub-machine gun form Gun Runner's Arsenal DLC. Thanks again. Are yous still taking requests?

If you already have that script together though for the moving of weapons I'd appreciate you sending it. If I ever manage to get some free time with work I'll mess around myself with it for my playthroughs and add different weapons I'm using as I go along. If not, completely ignore this - I don't need it. Also if you're not sure what I'm talking about, also ignore this - it's not important haha.

Hey sorry, I didn't realize how much work that would be. It's not that big a deal for the two hand weapon to be clipping, I never use them.

They won't, there's a function to detect if a two handed weapon is equipped and remove the faux weapon from the holstered spot (left shoulder)...so no worries there.

Also the weapons will only appear when they're in your inventory right?

Yes

If it's a whole thing I wouldn't mind just having the AMR and the Sleepytime 10mm sub-machine gun form Gun Runner's Arsenal DLC.

But you'd prefer the AMR with the Survivalist rifle primarily?

Are yous still taking requests?

Yes, trying to start up modding again (RL permitting).

If you already have that script together though for the moving of weapons I'd appreciate you sending it. If I ever manage to get some free time with work I'll mess around myself with it for my playthroughs and add different weapons I'm using as I go along.

The scripts are available in the mods. But it's not really about just the script, you have to make separate models for each faux weapon....you won't be able to add any new weapons without coresponding new models (in the same way that I am utilizing these mods).

"But you'd prefer the AMR with the Survivalist rifle primarily"

Actually, upon further thought I think I'd like the AMR and the Sub a bit more. If I use the Survivalist It'll be in my hands with my sidearm and sniper still on my back.

"But it's not really about just the script, you have to make separate models for each faux weapon"

Ah okay, I figured I'd try to do some reverse engineering or something. I assumed I could use something akin to the models from the game already. I have Nifskope and Photoshop, do I need another program?

"...trying to start up modding again (RL permitting)."

I know the feeling... it's hard to find the freetime.

Actually, upon further thought I think I'd like the AMR and the Sub a bit more.

OK. I'll try back into the groove in the next few days.

I have Nifskope and Photoshop, do I need another program?

It's done in blender (or d3s max, but I think the nifscripts for blender are much more comprehensive for rigging).

Will this include stealth boys? Not really a weapon, per se, but a wearable item, if my assumptions (which coupled with two cents will get you two pennies) are correct.

Sure, I don't see why not if it's used in the hotkey version (set as a hotkey, than it's displayed), otherwise I'm not sure how to indicate it's "equipped" since it's not like a weapon. the same concept goes for a stimpack, which I *think* was discussed previously in the thread.

I haven't finished the hotkey version though. A fake stealthboy armor item could be made that could be equipped and unequipped manually though (if you don't want to wait for a hotkey version).

• 1 month later...

so, any idea when it's gonna be realesed?

Yeah, I should start packaging up the existing ones into one mod and start on new ones. I'm trying to get back into modding. I'll poke around a bit on the hard drive and see what existing assets I can package up this weekend, then start on new weapons and systems (hotkeys, switching one handed and two handed grips for weapons etc).