Displaying multiple weapons on your PC

devinpatterson

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi. Firstly, thanks for doing this stuff. So, what happens if I equip the weapon that's being displayed on my back?

Earlier weapons had no provisions to prevent two models showing at the same time. But newer versions will automatically unequip themselves if weapon type is equipped that would be sheathed where the current "dummy" (displayed weapon) is located (as long as you use the NVSE version). In addition they had no provisions for modded weapons, but those have been added in the most recent releases.

You can see that in my most recent release the Odachi]Japanese great sword/Odachi, pic;

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u404/devinlpatterson/FONV%20Mods-works%20in%20progress/OdachiAA_zpsf3d30ohi.jpg

You can also switch from one handed to two handed use (and vice versa) at will.

So, for a practical example, if the Odachi is shown equipped across the player's back and the player draws/equips a two handed melee weapon the Odachi is removed automatically.

Almost all the models in this thead need to be revised with this functionality (which isn't too time consuming, I'v just been slamed in RL and have been distracted by other modding projects and requests).

Can I submit a request then, if you're still doing this stuff. Would it be possible to display two weapons on the back but not opposite to each other? I'm using a backpack mod so the potential central parts clipping wouldn't matter to me. The two weapons I'd like are CoS Christine's sniper rifle and the All American, both in their default positions.

Maybe instead of their default positions, a little offset so they don't overlap might be a better solution. But I do tend to shy away from such a highly customized model because it would be for a very limited audience. I'd be happy to do a standard version of both rifles for you though, that way everyone else can benefit from them as well.

Ok makes sense. Yeah I'd like that then, thanks a lot.

Side question, how difficult would it be to make such a mod myself, if I don't know much about modding? Is there any resource/tutorial to get me started.

Edited by kaybo

• 2 weeks later...

Side question, how difficult would it be to make such a mod myself, if I don't know much about modding? Is there any resource/tutorial to get me started.

Sorry didn't see your post until I was checking this thread for another topic. A quirk of the board software is that I will get a notification when a new message is posted, but no notification if an existing message is edited. So in general it's best to make a new post if you want to get my attention.

Re: making your own, I can't help in that regard as 1. I'm a very poor tutor, my communication skills are for S. and 2. I'm just starting to work out the process myself. But maybe after I start to get a little more experienced and explore various alternative methods I'll be able to help out more in the future.

No problem. Would you still do the mod I requested btw? Thanks.

Absolutely. We just have a lot more requests than we have peeps to fill them, and right now I think I'm the only one doing this type of mod. I know it sucks to wait, but your patience is appreciated. On the plus side, yours is a simpler version because you don't need the mod hooks, or multiple models, so that will speed things up a bit.

• 3 months later...