Wyre Bash Has Opinions

missjenna

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to come with such a question... but today, for no apparent reason, my Bashed Patch decided that it wanted to import "RenHair09FO [HAIR:64004814]" and put it on Quill-Weave, and only Quill-Weave. ...it looks truly bizarre lol. Does anybody have any idea why it would have started doing this? It doesn't do it to any other NPCs.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Well, the obvious answer is to simply rebuild your Bashed Patch, and check through all the options that you have selected. It could also be a problem with load order (though I can't imagine what issue would cause something this localized).

Yea, rebuild the patch, and check to see if that fixes anything. You may want to move your character to the testing hall ( tilde key, coc TestingHall ) before doing this though. Sometimes the game does weird things when trying to edit cells that you're character is currently in. (Azzan had a twin in one of my games!) Hope this helps!

Yea, rebuild the patch, and check to see if that fixes anything. You may want to move your character to the testing hall ( tilde key, coc TestingHall ) before doing this though. Sometimes the game does weird things when trying to edit cells that you're character is currently in. (Azzan had a twin in one of my games!) Hope this helps!

Thanks for your quick reply :) I've actually tried re-building the bashed patch several times, but yet every time it decides to throw one of Ren's hairs onto Quill-Weave lol. I went through trying to figure out which option would be causing it to do this, but I'm not entirely sure what I'd have to un-tick. As I said, it's only doing this to one NPC, and only as of yesterday afternoon. Again, weird, really weird.

I mean it's not critical, but it's a bit annoying as I have to keep going through after rebuilding the bashed patch and try to override its decision to do this. So any help is grealy appreciated!

I'm having a similar issue, but not just with Quill-Weave. A few random 'beast race' NPCs (Khajiit, Argonians, even Orcs) are being given Ren's hairs instead of the standard hairs for their race. Quill-Weave is the only quest-related NPC it's happened to so far, so it hasn't really bothered me that much.

I get this all the time. It's usually if you're importing the race info in NPC Faces. Have look and see if you have anything checked there.

I'm actually not importing any NPC Faces or Race Records, so none of that is checked. Although I suppose on some level it is good to know that this isn't just an issue of my Wyre Bash going rogue and that it happens to others as well lol.

I kinda like it. Means I can go wtf when I see a face change from game to game.

Though since you haven't used that option, I have no idea why your game is doing it. Kinda freaky. ;)

Maybe she just wants a new hairdo?

@ iamsaige:

Lol yes, a hair cut and a blind fold. Vision is evidently overrated.

As for the pic - Sure, here you go :)

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b169/OceanQt3x/Quill-Weave.jpg

I could live with the hair, if it weren't for that darn blindfold :P

I don't have time right now, but I'll try and duplicate this mishap with my own mod list as soon as I do. In the meantime, could you post yours? Maybe there's something in there that Wrye, BOSS, and no other mod checker could find? (Highly doubtful, but worth a shot.) :turned: