Old Zeldas

Lehcar

Who here still plays some of the old Zelda games? Or at least is still a big fan of them. :D

I've never played the very first two Zeldas from the 1980's, since that was kinda before my time, and I never had a NES (the orginal Legend of Zelda came out more than 6 years before I was born) but when I was a little kid I spent many great days playing A Link to the Past on my good old SNES. It's still one of my absolute favorites in the series, I still play it a lot to this day, but now I play it on an emulator of course since it's next to impossible to find a SNES in working condition these days, since you only see them occasionally at flea markets now. Seriously this one will never get old, I'll love it forever.

I'm also a huge fan of the Oracle games, I spend a lot of time playing those when I was a kid and I still adore them. :blush:

Isn't there a rumor circulating around the watercooler that they're remaking Ocarina of Time for the 3DS? That's something to look out for...

Also I could never get into those old 2D Zelda games, I always found the sword-system to be too constraining and a hassle to use.

Skyward Sword anyone? I'm waiting for that.

I'll never forget Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, especially. I completely beat those games. Love them. I never beat Master Quest though.

I played through Link to the Past once on the SNES and a couple on the GBA. Also played through Four Swords on there until I got all colored keys. And Four Swords Adventures on the Gamecube? So many priceless memories with friends there. Always fun to get the bees on your friends in battle mode, or get the chickens to attack them.

Those are my favorites.

To XanAlderon: Yes, it's confirmed, OoT is having a remake made for the 3DS. The sword system was a little difficult to get into, but I always felt that it required more skill to beat a 2D Zelda game.

To AliasTheory: Skyward Sword should be fun. I've been playing through Master Quest again this past week. The bosses and side quests are exactly the same as the original, the only difference is the dungeon's are more difficult.

My favorite Zelda game, hands down, is Link's Awakening. I still play every Zelda game I own (and that's a good handful), of course, but I'm always grabbing my GameBoy Color to play through Awakening again.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this, but I've been hearing and reading complaints that Nintendo shouldn't gimmick up OoT on the 3DS (overuse of the bottom touch screen). I think that the system would be perfect for the game: top screen is the gameplay screen, the bottom screen is the inventory and other menus, the D-pad controls movement, cut your equip-able items down to 2 (one for X and one for Y), A is action, B is sword, L is targeting and R is block. What do you guys think?

• 2 months later...

I believe I have the classic golden cartridge somewhere also, but could never get into the truly classic ones. My favorites in order oh how much I liked them were:

Majora's Mask (still remember spending a long time getting all the masks :sweat: )

Wind Waker

OOT

Minish Cap

I actually didn't like Twilight Princess. I found it to be sort of uneventful and never even got around to beating it.

• 1 month later...
Heh, the only two I ever played were the first two. I still have them, too, and the same old NES I had growing up. Things were built to last. Haven't played either game in ages and ages though... I always liked Kirby's Adventure and Super Mario III better, so those tend to be what I play when I get all nostalgic and dust off the NES.