Loot: None of the supported games were detected

chaseydog

Im haveing an issue with Loot. When I try to launch the app I get a message that none of the supported games were detected. According to the help doc on github I should be taken to a Setting's dialog if Loot faile to detect a game, but this is not happening. I simply get an error message and Loot doesn't load. I've tried reinsatlling adn running as admin but neither helped. Any ideas?

Looks like it will run if I launch it through Mod Organizer

Edited by chaseydog

• 5 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem. I just reinstalled Skyrim (through Steam) after wiping my pc, and am just starting the process of getting all my mods installed. Skyrim is located in c:\program files (x86) Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim. This is it's normal location. Any suggestions? I selected the most recent version offered on the Loot site (v0.6.1) and used the installer. I've tried running it as admin as well.

**Ok, figured it out. After having installed the game through Steam, I hadn't run it yet. You have to run it to get the Registry to set up. Once I launched it, I let it get set up, then closed it. The LOOT ran just fine.

Edited by Mavrl

• 4 months later...

Didnt work for me... no games seen by loot... :(

• 4 months later...

1. Go to C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\LOOT

2. Open settings.yaml with a text editor

3. Search for "type: Skyrim" and a bit below that is "path: ....." Change that line to the location where your Skyrim is installed.

I hope that helps.

Edited by blattgeist

• 1 month later...

3. Search for "type: Skyrim" and a bit below that is "path: ....." Change that line to the location where your Skyrim is installed.

I hope that helps.

You sir, YOU sir, I love you!!!! this worked for me, damn steam i think it was a bad idea moving my skyrim out of the steam folder u.u ty you saved my game!

• 4 months later...

I hope that helps.

I hope that helps.

You sir, YOU sir, I love you!!!! this worked for me, damn steam i think it was a bad idea moving my skyrim out of the steam folder u.u ty you saved my game!

As he said. You sir just won the internet. (btw, this works for Oblivion too) :)

• 1 month later...

I hope that helps.

http://i.imgur.com/Lrao7nD.gif

appreciate it fam !!!

peace