Fallout new vegas question

I337iB3

Can anyone tell me if steam will alter the ability to have mods or use programs like fose or fomm? I'm not quite sure if I want to buy it on steam or in a store. Sorry if there has been prior questions on this or other posts but I really don't want to search for it.

As it is a game that uses steamworks you will need to run it via Steam anyways, even if it is a retail purchase. However, Steam will have no impact on the ability to use mods or things such as FOSE/FOMM (assuming a version of them is released for Fallout: New Vegas)..

Steam has not had a large impact on using mods - several small problems such as having to have special install and a special steam version for Oblivion's OBSE which is needed for many mods to work. However, we really won't know for sure until we try.

Wait a minute. A Steam account, and thus an internet connection, will be required for installation of New Vegas? That makes me angry. I can't afford an internet connection at home right now. If I don't have it I can't play?

**Cough**

Steam Crack...

**Cough**

That's a trend I'm seeing way too much of lately in pc games. They make you login online even when you don't use any of the online content. Probably to make sure you're not buying one copy and sharing it with all your friends. The latest C&C and Starcraft releases both do this. It's crap imo. But like commander crazy said. theres usualy cracks so you can get around the online login requirements for those of us that either have unreliable or no internet connections.

For one, you have Steam Cloud, easy Updates, easy access to future DLC - etc. PLUS, the devs don't have people whining about DRM or say GFWL. There are many reasons for it to use Steam, many of which do in some way benefit the average end-user. lol