Problem with body mod (male only)

xENJAJVEx

Below image shows normal male "nude" body. Normal hands (everything blends in)... Ignore the blue seams on the shoulders and horrible neck seam. That's not my problem. :tongue:

THIS IS MY PROBLEM... SEE BELOW IMAGE. EVERY TIME MY CHARACTER OR AN NPC IS WEARING SOMETHING SHORT SLEEVED WITH NO GLOVES ON I ALWAYS GET
THIS WHITE HAND BUG. MY OTHER CHARACTER HAD DARKER SKIN AND THE HANDS JUST STOOD OUT LIKE SORE THUMBS. -100% IMMERSION!! CANNOT OVERLOOK IT.

It should be noted that I have both of Robert's body mods on and the Oblivion Character Overhaul. I've tried messing around with the meshes and textures (taking some out and
replacing them) and I have tried ArchiveInvalidation!... The most annoying thing is that this only started happening after I started a new game. I was adding mods and after each mod
I tested the game and then backed up my Oblivion folder until I was happy with the game. 100% tested and every mod was working perfectly with one another. And now for some
reason as soon as I get the chance to sit down after a full week of non-stop modding and test, test, testing I'm getting bugs like this - and I haven't even done anything!

Thankfully, this is pretty much the only thing I've come across except a land tear outside the Imperial sewers which I solved by deactivating the Grass Overhaul.esp. Please help!! :pinch:

It's not a bug. You're not using the right armor replacer for that body type. Clothes and armor in Oblivion and up replace the body underneath, so if it's not the right replacer for the body type you'll get odd textures where the body that the armor/clothes use collides with the one you use. Get an armor/clothes replacer for roberts and you won't have this issue anymore.

The replacers are included with the version 5.2 Roberts Male body ... not sure about the earlier versions as I have no reason to use an outdated version.

The replacers are included with the version 5.2 Roberts Male body ... not sure about the earlier versions as I have no reason to use an outdated version.

I'm about to try out http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/14982/?tab=1&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Foblivion%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D14982%26preview%3D&pUp=1 as it might

fix my problem. By the way, I'm using v4. This was the only version that came up on Nexus when I was searching on Google for other Robert's body mods, so that's the one I'm using. Unfortunately, no links were provided on

this older version to the newer version you have just mentioned. Although, if this fix I'm about to try works, I'll just make do with the older version I've already got installed. Thanks for this information anyway. Wish me luck.

Edited by xENJAJVEx

No problem.

If plan A doesn't pan out then here's a plan B ... RobertMaleBodyReplacerV52

Problem solved. At least from what I can tell.

But, now my faces (for Altmer, Dunmer, Redguard and Orc) are all messed up. . . Altmer are a golden colour whilst the body is that of a white human male. Orcs have really dark (almost a mixture of black and red) bodies

whilst their faces are greenish. Basically, the problem has just jumped from one place to another. I'm assuming this is a problem between the Oblivion Character Overhaul and Robert's body mod, as I had a very similar

encounter quite some time ago, which led to me having to reinstall the game. I have both compatibility fixes for them and OCO though. . . Well, I guess it's time to fix yet another problem. . . God only knows when I'm actually

going to find the time to sit down and play the actual game. I'm spending more time messing around, trying to get the mods to work, than I am playing the damn game. :sleep:

If all else fails, if I keep running into problems, then I'm just going to give up because this game has a bad habit of randomly messing up and I don't want to get into a situation where I've put many hours into the game for it to

just break. I'll just have to accept the fact that this is just a "poorly optimised console port". Not that I wanted to. . . Since I've seen many people manage to sit down and enjoy it. + it's the Elder Scrolls! However, I've spent

nearly all week adding mods, testing every mod, eliminating the lag and stutter and then making sure they were compatible and only then did I allow myself the luxury of sitting down to enjoy it. Then as soon as I get outside I

run into land tears; I fix them and start the game again and then I come across yet another problem, fix it and then it just leads to another problem and then another. Frustrating as that's nearly a week I've wasted of my life.

Perhaps it's just the mods that are causing this but taking them all off and then playing vanilla. . . :sick: . . . NoOoOoOoOoOo thank YooOoOOoOoOooOU.

Did you reinstall the Texture Patch after you installed the v5 of Robert Bodies? And I'm being bold and assuming you ran Archive Invalidation from the very beginning, of course.

The order of the installation for OCO and related dependencies-addons is crucial. Your new issue of mismatched body and head textures is what happens when this order is misplaced.

Before you take your computer and throw it out the window, just do a clean save, uninstall OCO and Robert Bodies and the Texture Patches, save again, and then install OCO, Robert and the Texture Patches in their correct order. After this, while it is not strictly necessary, I suggest running again Archive Invalidation (sometimes this has helped me to fix issues). Do not use third party mods to do the Archive Invalidation, like the ones you can find at the Nexus, nor use the ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated.txt method. Just use the native Archive Invalidation function in your Mod Manager.

If you use a Bashed Patch, rebuild it.

Cheers!

PD: Never again use Google to search for Oblivion Mods. Use the Search function the Nexus Site has. If you still can't find what you look for, do not use Google either. Ask in the Mod Requests or the Mod Detective threads. Trust me, I learned this the hard way.

In the Land of Replacers install order is King. You must get all of the body replacer stuff fully finalized before installing OCO v2 and then the applicable compatibility patches. It is possible, I've done it and thousands of others too. Won't ever be perfect, so get the basics and then tweak one thing at a time (while you play).

- Edit - Ninjaed by the Ike ... big wave from across the Big Pond.

Edited by Striker879

Did you reinstall the Texture Patch after you installed the v5 of Robert Bodies? And I'm being bold and assuming you ran Archive Invalidation from the very beginning, of course.

The order of the installation for OCO and related dependencies-addons is crucial. Your new issue of mismatched body and head textures is what happens when this order is misplaced.

Before you take your computer and throw it out the window, just do a clean save, uninstall OCO and Robert Bodies and the Texture Patches, save again, and then install OCO, Robert and the Texture Patches in their correct order. After this, while it is not strictly necessary, I suggest running again Archive Invalidation (sometimes this has helped me to fix issues). Do not use third party mods to do the Archive Invalidation, like the ones you can find at the Nexus, nor use the ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated.txt method. Just use the native Archive Invalidation function in your Mod Manager.

If you use a Bashed Patch, rebuild it.

Cheers!

PD: Never again use Google to search for Oblivion Mods. Use the Search function the Nexus Site has. If you still can't find what you look for, do not use Google either. Ask in the Mod Requests or the Mod Detective threads. Trust me, I learned this the hard way.

I did all of that minus the ArchiveInvalidation! and everything is a-okay apart from some of the female textures (just a little dodge) and the Orcs. They seem to be most troublesome. The biggest help it seems was with me

putting the OCO.esp at the bottom of my load order. Ah, and it seems BOSS isn't 100% reliable. So I'm backing up my Oblivion folder now and off to see if I can iron out the creases.

P.S. Using BSA Invalidation causes me to CTD. The other options don't for some reason. Thanks again for all your help. I don't usually get it. :smile:

The recommended method of archive invalidation is BSA Redirection, easily done using OBMM (Utilities -> Archive Invalidation -> BSA Redirection selected, Reset BSA Timestamps clicked if you use Steam and then Update Now) or Wrye Bash (Installers tab right click menu -> BSA Redirection). All older methods such as BSA Alteration are fraught with problems.