Unable to Reach Mod Originator for Related Content Upload

LordXayd

This is sort of a pickle.

I recently uploaded Snipers Bunkhouse.

One my users then asked for an FWE compatible version, which I did create since FWE is so widespread.

What I didn't count on was not being able to reach Peeakaboom (FWE) or the "FWE Team" for permission to upload it.

I tried to send a message to Peekaboom, but his inbox is not accepting new mail.

FWE hasn't been updated in the last 18 months, so I ASSuME™ Peekaboom is no longer on the forums, at least not as of July 2014 as his last post.

I don't know how to reach the "FWE Team" if there really is one and posting in the FWE thread appears to be a dead end.

What does one do normally in a case like this?

I would think it would come up fairly frequently in an older game.

If it's a patch that still requires the main files of FWE then it might be ok, you'd need direct input from a moderator on that one, otherwise the answer is always you can't upload anything that uses assets from someone elses mod without permission no matter how long they've been gone.

Can I clarify your meaning there? The patch requires the use of the FWE files, but none of them were actually copied into my own directories. Hence I did not "use" them. I just referenced them. Is that an important distinction?

EDIT: I'll be more specific. Two of the custom FWE meshes (guns) are on display in my mod, so FWE is needed for the ESP to call those NIFs.

Edited by LordXayd

Can I clarify your meaning there? The patch requires the use of the FWE files, but none of them were actually copied into my own directories. Hence I did not "use" them. I just referenced them. Is that an important distinction?

EDIT: I'll be more specific. Two of the custom FWE meshes (guns) are on display in my mod, so FWE is needed for the ESP to call those NIFs.

At the bottom of every page is "Contact Us". If you left click on it, you will be presented with a "Request Information" form. It would be to your advantage to fill out a form and send it in. This way you will get a response to your question from the Nexus administration.