So nexus broke my skyrim?

DingusDongus

Uh- well the other night I was downloading a bunch of mods since I have hughes.net* I have to wait until 2AM to download things without paying 5$ every 200MB.

ANYWAY, I usually don't have a problem with doing this, however Nexus Mod Manager consecutively continued to CRASH about 4-5 times in a row. I didn't really care too much, my downloads were finishing- so I thought. When I went to activate a few of them, they said the "Message info was corrupted, install not completed." about three of them finalized corrupted like this, but didn't appear corrupted until I tried installing.

So after I googled that the files were indeed corrupted and it wasn't NMM just screwing with me, I restarted NMM and proceeded to uninstall all mods and reinstall them (except the corrupted ones).

Long story short now my Skyrim title screen looks like this:

http://i.imgur.com/mVXNzi1.jpg

And ALL my loading screens look like this:

http://i.imgur.com/IAtpicv.jpg

Still love NMM! :D Just hate this bug----

Anyone have any info? All google was giving me was "switching to windowed mode" while loading with a blue border which clearly isn't my issue.

I can recommend two things.

1. Delete the corrupted mods and re install them. You might want to uninstall and re install everything just to be safe. If that still doesn't work, you're going to want to re install Skyrim, BUT!
  2. Re install Skyrim into an editable folder, Program Files and Program Files(x86) tend to screw with your games. So I would recommend re installing your Skyrim, or Steam client into your C\ Directory if the previous method doesn't work.

I can recommend two things.

1. Delete the corrupted mods and re install them. You might want to uninstall and re install everything just to be safe. If that still doesn't work, you're going to want to re install Skyrim, BUT!
  2. Re install Skyrim into an editable folder, Program Files and Program Files(x86) tend to screw with your games. So I would recommend re installing your Skyrim, or Steam client into your C\ Directory if the previous method doesn't work.

I already have started re-downloading the corrupted ones and let Nexus replace the files. I had Skyrim installed in C:/Program Files PREVIOUSLY; however I moved it back to the steam directory because of certain issues with Windows 7 and Program Files folders.

Skyrim re-installing would cost me about $340 or for free I'd have to wait two weeks -__- I'd rather not have to re-install Skyrim.

Looks like missing textures. Faik it's not a bug of Nexus in anyway shape or form. Try having steam reverify the integrity of your files.

Should I back up my save data and mods before checking integrity? If it finds a fault would it try to re-build it?

Thanks

EDIT: All it said was the integrity failed- It doesn't try to fix it automatically? Thanks for the info so far

Install one mod at a time, test it and then move on to the next, installing a bunch at once makes it a lot harder to find the culprit when you run into difficulty.

I removed all installed mods except Lockpick Pro & http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/61152/? & a mod that I'm working on

Edited by DingusDongus