CTD on load. TESVEdit complains about [DragonbornGalleryPatchV2.esp]

CplDevilDog

Instant CTD on Load through MO-->SKSE

So far I have run TES5Edit through MO (That's the only troubleshooting step I really know so far)

Last Few Lines of TESVEdit

[00:20] Background Loader: loading "DBM_IWIA_Patch.esp"...
[00:20] Background Loader: [DBM_IWIA_Patch.esp] Loading file
[00:20] Background Loader: [DBM_IWIA_Patch.esp] File loaded
[00:20] Background Loader: [DBM_IWIA_Patch.esp] Start processing
[00:20] Background Loader: [DBM_IWIA_Patch.esp] Adding master "Skyrim.esm"
[00:20] Background Loader: [DBM_IWIA_Patch.esp] Adding master "Update.esm"
[00:20] Background Loader: [DBM_IWIA_Patch.esp] Adding master "Dawnguard.esm"
[00:20] Background Loader: [DBM_IWIA_Patch.esp] Adding master "HearthFires.esm"
[00:20] Background Loader: [DBM_IWIA_Patch.esp] Adding master "Dragonborn.esm"
[00:20] Background Loader: [DBM_IWIA_Patch.esp] Adding master "dragonborngalleryNEW.esp"
[00:20] Background Loader: [DBM_IWIA_Patch.esp] Adding master "DragonbornGalleryPatchV2.esp"
[00:20] Background Loader: [DragonbornGalleryPatchV2.esp] Loading file
[00:20] Background Loader: Fatal:

I suspect the problem is with DBM_IWIA_Patch.esp and the DragonbornGalleryPatchV2.esp Master missing

though I have no idea what that is. Off to look it up now.

Thanks

BRB

DBM_IWIA_Patch.esp has dependency on a number of other plugins, one of the which is DragonbornGalleryPatchV2.esp, and it's missing from your load order. I have no idea what that patch plugin is from. You should check the mod readme/description for the DBM patch plugin (whatever that mod is), to make sure you have downloaded and met all the requirements for using it.

That patch comes from this mod...did you get BOTH of the Main files ..thats massive over a GB ?...reading up on that now looked interesting...thanks. Haven't downloaded the main files yet but i would guess the other patch is in the top file, as that is an Update to the Mod.

Sorry guys, I ditched my own thread last night. I'd been installing and configuring for a week and just wanted to play :sad:

I disabled all 3 of the .esp that MO said relied on that DragonbornGalleryPatchV2.esp and the game launched.....so I played <shamed>

I do really want to learn and contribute though.

A couple of things I've been thinking about working on. Listed in order of "possible to accomplish" down to "never gonna happen"

1. A Glossary Of Terms on the Wiki

2. A definition of a Stable Modded Version (ie What is an acceptable number of CTD's per hour played)

3. A "Stress Test". I have NO IDEA if this would even be feasible, but imagine if we could let the Skyrim "engine" "play" through the game and report errors before the player started. Something you could let run for several hours and returns a list of problems it encountered.

Thanks for all your help last night and I'll keep trying to learn more.

It's not MO that is telling you the plugin is dependent on missing masters (which causes CTD at the game logo screen--a classic symptom), but TES5Edit. Remember that MO just create a "virtual environment", through which utilities like Wrye Bash and TES5Edit must be run in order to detect MO's "virtual game data folder."

2. A definition of a Stable Modded Version (ie What is an acceptable number of CTD's per hour played)

That's subjective and relative to the user's level of tolerance. I have about 160 mods installed, and average around one CTD every few months. Some people can put up with a CTD every few hours, usually because they have a much bigger list of mods. It varies extensively but I would say that if someone is experiencing more than one CTD per week, they can probably do better, either by trimming their mod list, or creating their own custom compatibility patches. STEPS has instructions on how to do the latter.

3. A "Stress Test". I have NO IDEA if this would even be feasible, but imagine if we could let the Skyrim "engine" "play" through the game and report errors before the player started. Something you could let run for several hours and returns a list of problems it encountered.

You can do a stress "performance" test to help determine if your machine can handle the mod load. Head to Whiterun during "peak hours" when there are a lot of NPCs outside (late morning or early noon is generally a good time). Use console to godmode your character, then start attacking people. Don't kill anyone, instead, get them to chase you around, cast some spells, go in and out of interiors....if you can get a mage to chase after you and shoot all sorts of spells at you, even better. Do this for 10 minutes without saving once. If you don't CTD at all, your machine stands a good likelihood of handling the most intense and taxing sequences of the game, like some of the Civil War sieges. Monitor your FPS while you do this as well.

Edited by ripple