The fighting can really take the realism out.

DrunkenGamer

• 5 weeks later...

i have a daedric sword (two hand) echanted with fire damage 38 pts and weakness to fire 100 procent for 2 seconds. I call it the obliterator .If don't think i have had an ennemy who lasted longer than five hits. Maybe a solution to your problem?

My charactar is enchanted though with reflect damage, reflect spell spell absorption, and some other stufff . When i just stand there and they hit me they die themselves after a dozen of strikes lol.

At some point you have to suspend reality a little for any game and usually the fighting system is where that suspension needs to take place. After so many games where you can get shot or hacked dozens of times, then just instant heal by eating food off the floor or hidden in a brick wall, I find Oblivion to be a refreshing change.

I kind of enjoy the extra number of hits needed to kill something, especially the way OOO does it. It feels more like an RPG with action elements than an action game with RPG elements, though that is really more of a preference.

I also think that there wouldn't be much of a reason to get anything better than an iron sword if you can kill everything in several hits. The only problem I have with the system that OOO presents is the sneak attacks, considering how weak the daggers are and how strong everything else is, it's not really feasible to try and assassinate something. This is more of a problem in the beginning though, I'm sure later on when one gets an improved alchemy and blade skill, it evens out.

-note-

Fix here:

console

setav endurance 10

setlevel 1

done and done

XD

tbh i just cap my characters its just ... easier to me but yeah the scale system is pretty horrible, also dont like the leveld weapon system how every little elf and their mothers use daedric after certain cap

so i tend to keep mine level 15-20 sadly

Edited by peppock