cant get script to save

godsmann

i made a script but for some reason i cant get it to save. it literaly does nothing no pop up of a warning or anything. any ideas?

here is the script

SCN NightEyeToggleScript

ref me

Begin ScriptEffectStart

Set me to getself

If ( me.IsSpellTarget 000NightEye == 0 )

me.addSpell 000NightEye

else

me.removeSpell 000NightEye

endif

End

any help would be awesome

This is a puzzle....your script looks fine, and there's no OBSE commands being used, so it carn't be that.

When you save a script, if there is nothing wrong with it, then you will recieve no messages at all....it's only if you do recieve a message that you should worry.

Re-name your script to aaaNightEyeToggleScript, this should make it easier for you to find in your script list. Other than that, i have no suggestions....sorry :sad:

Is your script set to 'Magic Effect' type? I'm guessing that it probably saved, but it doesn't show up in whichever spell you are trying to apply it to.

Another thing to consider is the EditorID of the spell. Never begin the EditorID with a number, because the game tends to think it's supposed to be looking for a FormID. Since the first two digits of a FormID depend entirely on load order, using them is a very bad idea. Try changing the EditorID of the spell to AAANightEye and changing the script to match. And, like Hickory said, make sure the script is set to MagicEffect and not Object (which is the default)