Phane Rielle says "who's there?" and goodbye is only option

kelticpete

I was on a quest to get brandy and was talkiing to people in inns/taverns.

I think I may have talked to phane before...but this time, though the left side showed a bunch of options he said "who is there?" and I had the red GOODBYE as my only option.

I have added no mods except the MGSO thing (which is pretty big install) but I don't know if this is a glitch or if he just does not talk to me at this time.

any help? suggestions?

thanks for any who took the time to read this. game on!

I am using whichever one comes with MGSO.

I found out on another website that it was related to better clothes and using enchanted editor it can be fixed.

But I will update with that new patch.

thank you.

Any chance of a link to where it says that about Better Clothes? I'm pretty sure I haven't heard of BC causing that error...

[Edit: And I have no idea what's in MGSO, you can find out by looking in your Data Files folder or use the Data Files option in the launcher or look in morrowind.ini]

Edited by Dragon32

a) there was a "who's there" option in better clothes. BUT...I think it was for when had high chamelon.

b) phane's issue was that there was a plant just barely betwen us..like by his shoulder. when I walked around corner the fern was obscuring about 20% of me i guess. strolling closer fixed it.