Idea for a tiny mod: spell that takes you to nearest mage guild.

kelticpete

let's face it, having to walk places in morrowind really helps with immersion.

but sometimes the temple or the temple (Almsivi Intervention or Divine Intervention) is just not where you want to go.

lore wise, the easy third option would be a mysticism spell/scroll that did what the guild guides do.

this works out nice, because mage guilds are usually near fighter's guilds. so if you are doing a quest for either...no matter how far flung out you are...a spell to get you to a mage's guild would really sweet.

I can't think of another faction lore wise that could justify it's own fast travel to nearest place.

anyway, I would love this mod, and I looked for one like it....thinking that it was such a simple idea I was not the first to have it. no luck.

I've made a mod which does what you want. Want to test it ? CLICK

Requires Tribunal and Bloodmoon

This mod adds a spell which teleports you to nearest Mages guild when cast. To get the spell open console and type without quotes "player->addspell UAH_Mages_teleport" and press enter.

Please test it. See how it works near caldera, in solstheim and mournhold. In mournhold, I made it such that it teleports you to palace courtyard since there are no mages guild there. There will be a brief moment where you appear outside a fort and then instantly transported to the correct mages guild. Its unavoidable.

If everything works, I'll include this with my "Interevention Improved" mod. So feedback appreciated.

Edited by hollaajith

tried it!

A) it is pretty cool

B) it seems that what it does is load you to nearest imperial shrine and then quickly load you to mage guild? not always but sometimes I see middle of nowhere, then a shrine, then the mage guld in a load succession

C) in wolverine it takes me just to shrine. which is fine because the guild is like 2 doors and 20 feet away. but i thought you should know.

Could you use the FadeOut and FadeIn commands? UESP.

I can try. Thanks Dragon.

PS : Well, I tried. Divine intervetion transports you to the fort **immediately**, so fade in starts only after you reach the fort, so you ca't avoid seeing the fort. :sad:

Edited by hollaajith