Pre order bonus question

AKaplan14

Usually I end up pre-ordering games the day before they come out because im afraid of missing all the pre order bonuses. for new vegas gamestop, amazon, etc all have different bonuses. To be honest I dont want to buy new vegas till i have a little more money so i want to wait but i dont want to miss pre order bonuses, sooo

Are there cracks / ways to get pre-order bonuses from all retailers after buying new vegas?

Is it easy / possible / does this happen with new pc releases frequently?

basically

DO I HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT BUYING NEW VEGAS TONIGHT SO I DONT MISS OUT ON ANY COOL s***?!!??

Or can i just sit back, chill, buy new vegas when i get my paycheck, and get all the pre-order bonuses from places on the internet via third party stuff?

You're going to have to pre-order the game to get the pre-order items.

how hard would it be to add the same item through console though?

and will the bonuses remain as part of the purchase even if i buy it like 4 days after release?

a) We don't know.

b) You'll need to get a key from the retailer to plug into the Steam client to get your bonuses.

c) The odds of someone modding in the pre-order bonuses is extremely high.

and will the bonuses remain as part of the purchase even if i buy it like 4 days after release?

a) We don't know.

b) You'll need to get a key from the retailer to plug into the Steam client to get your bonuses.

Well, did FO3 have any pre-order bonuses?

also I meant what is the likelihood the pre-order bonuses are literally PRE ORDER BONUS as in if i buy the day after release i will not get the same bonuses as buying the day prior to release.

a) We don't know.

Well, did FO3 have any pre-order bonuses?

also I meant what is the likelihood the pre-order bonuses are literally PRE ORDER BONUS as in if i buy the day after release i will not get the same bonuses as buying the day prior to release.

-FO3 had several pre-order bonuses, including a Vault Dweller's Survival Guide and a soundtrack CD.

-Depends on where you're buying from. Some Gamestop/EB Games/Best Buy retailers may be generous enough to give you a pre-order bonus even if you didn't pre-order, but there's no chance of that if you're buying it online.

-The pre-order bonuses are .esp/.esm files (similar to FO3 mods), which add the items into the game. Without these files, you cannot utilize the pre-order items. Also, modding them in may be illegal if Bethesda decides to sell the pre-order packs as DLC later on.

modding them in may be illegal if Bethesda decides to sell the pre-order packs as DLC later on.

Because of something Firaxis did some years ago

Suspecting that these bonuses will become available as a collection DLC some time down the line

only half interesting bonus seems to be the binoculars anyway idk

Agreed.

From the live play vids I've seen posted on the net (justin.tv) it appears

all that stuff, well at least the caravan shotgun and binoculars , are findable

later on.

It's not like those items will make or break your character. Just some starting bling for a newbi character.

And, as others have said, once the codes are known for the items it would be easy to add them to your character if

you have the hots to cheat without finding them as intended.

For me the choice was obvious. Ordered it from Steam. Caravan pack .

Meh, yeah I am going to pass on the pre-order. I'm caught up in addictive mmos and I really just buy SP games and save them for a dryspell where there is nothing else fun for me to play.

I kinda have the $$ to buy it but i would rather wait till i planned on playing it and the $$ wasn't such a hurt on myself