Directx 9

Boutte1

So after hearing many people say that Oblivion was actually a better game that Skyrim I've decided to try it but I can't deal with vanilla Oblivion graphics.

On the OBSE download page it says that I need directx 9. I don't want to downgrade but I was told I could run 9 and it won't downgrade my current version of Directx. Problem is when I try to install 9 my computer says I already have the latest version and doesn't give me the option to proceed. Which tells me that I probably didn't want to anyway.

Can anybody help me out here? Thanks.

How are you trying to install DirectX 9c ... using the web installer or the runtime redistributable ?

Installing DirectX 9c will only enable old games and utilities to access it's features ... you will still also have your current version of DirectX for modern games etc.

I've just been having the exact same problem - trouble is, after installing the DX9 redistributable Oblivion just crashes on startup. I tried deleting the whole game, mods and all, but even after reinstalling it still crashes. Windows 7 64 bit by the way. Can anyone help?

Edit: Never mind, deleted Oblivion.ini and it works again

Edited by thebigtw