New Vegas Mod Manager

Radraffe

Is there going to be a mod manager for New Vegas or can i use the FO3 Manager

It has been talked about. Just wait a week or so. The game isn't even a week old yet. There will most likely be one, however it still has to be coded and whatnot.

An expert may be able to tweak the original FOMM a little to work with NV. Because after all, they're the same game with different .esm's really..

In terms of what is needed for NVMM (?) how different is the New Vegas code to Fallout 3?

Not very, as explained. Its basically just different textures, same engine. Same Game dir tree. You know?

In other words, its like going over 10.000 pages to change the word Humor to Humour (UK spelling).

Its all about the name, nothing else.

So is it with, say, Fallout3.esm and FalloutNV.esm.

Only, I can imagine it are quite a few more renamings then just that obvious one.

This is probably one of those things that make you feel like modding is no longer a hobby, its a job. :turned:

I'm going to try it. Installing FOMM into the directory of New Vegas. If that doesn't work I'm going to try renameing the folder to "Fallout 3" and see what that does.

worth a try. the load order could be the major bug in it freezing a lot of the times.

In other words, its like going over 10.000 pages to change the word Humor to Humour (UK spelling).

Ctrl+F, Fallout3, replace all, FalloutNV...

That doesn't sound like a days work to me. Scheiße, I could do that.

Of course, that's just the tip of the iceberg, and I'm sure coders have actual work to occupy their time. Still, I doubt we'll have to wait very long for the new Mod Manager. Check again Friday night, then the weekend will begin, and some poor programmer with no life will have had time to play NV, realize he's missing his MM, and convert it.

Ctrl+F, Fallout3, replace all, FalloutNV...

That doesn't sound like a days work to me. Scheiße, I could do that.

Of course, that's just the tip of the iceberg, and I'm sure coders have actual work to occupy their time. Still, I doubt we'll have to wait very long for the new Mod Manager. Check again Friday night, then the weekend will begin, and some poor programmer with no life will have had time to play NV, realize he's missing his MM, and convert it.

Ctrl+F a typical word like Fallout might not produce cave-eats, but when you have to change a seven (or eight, dunno) digit number, like a Ref_ID or a Base_ID, to another number on mass scale, there's little doubt cave-eats and mistakes happen.

Anything in Fallout 3 (or anything using Beth's engine) can be reduced to a number.

You could search for (for example) 0001547, and have a coincidence happen where two codes, like (for example) 8403600 and 01547, sticked together because the engine knows the numbers should be seperated when it reads them, but a normal text reader of course won't...

I mean, in the end, I tried to reduce the job's description to a metaphor, but forgot to mention that 10.000 page job would have to be done "manually".

Read: lozza work. You caught me, congrats.

I'm gonna go fire up Steam, New Vegas and put a revolver bullet-hole in an armored opponent and end up choosing my favorite gun again.