ICERAY2000

125 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about STEAM?

• Better than Free iPhones
    • Great - never a problem
    • whatever
    • not very happy about it
    • the end of my Fallout days are here
  2. 2. Should Fallout New Vegas be a completely open game?

• yes - modders need it to be
    • no - vanilla is enough flavor for me

That's funny. I was snaked by DOW too and that put me off using Steam drving games.

Doesn't anyone find it odd that people have to jump through flaming hoops to get a BethSoft game they paid cash for to look and play the way they want it to? If modding the game is a b*tch and you spend more time trouble-shooting than playing and modding with added content, WHY bother with the game at all? Are all the cool kids are playing it? Do you LIKE fruitless hours of modding? I don't get it.

Someone in the near future is going to figure out a way to by-pass the Steam factor. It is only a matter of time. The game is on the disk and I'll bet cash a programmer is working on just that, getting the game without the screw-job.

I myself have purchased most of my games on steam so all the process to download and play the game I'm used to and is second nature to me. But I do understand the dismay some people have. People like to have freedoms with their purchases but it seem this is the way things are going to be. But not playing and enjoying a game because of it I don't get. The game isn't unmoddable and it's not forcing you to play vanilla. The game itself has many flaws but it'll be patched along the way and most of the Hardcore modders will find a way to create tools that will work are issues with steam and make the process smoother. The story, acting, characters and dialog are well worth the play. Sure, It gave me some trouble modding but as much as some of it was annoying and took more time then I want it the results make it worth while. I've been there as many of you have , through console war discussions, EA is the Devil ruining the gaming industry, Steam Vs Retail, etc. And through it all, for me it's about the game. And if I find a game I want to play I won't let any of the mentioned subject matter or obstacles keep me from playing a game.

That's why I'm waiting a month. Most of the weirdness will be addressed and I can buy it on Ebay for ten bucks. Then it won't matter. I'll use the disk for target practice if I don't like it. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Just looked on Ebay. All of the packs listed for PC and they average about $20.00. The game's been out less than a week. :laugh:

looking at the bigger picture of what steam represents.

tbh there are a lot of things right with steam, easy access to (expensive)games online is about the only thing it is good for.

However non-transferable licenses locking games to an account is just wrong. there are so many problems with that. the offensive thing is that is actually circumventing several consumer rights. And only leads the way for more rights to be stripped from the consumer and put into the hands of the corporations,

Why pay more for a game you have less rights of ownership and cannot sell on? I just don't see the logic.