Manual saves crash to desktop

ZERONX

While in the REPCONN facility , after I complete the "come fly with me " quest chain, every manual save I make crashes to desktop, has anyone had this problem? I get the falloutNV has stopped working error and cant seem to progress as this has made the game unplayable. Please help!

Thanks!

I've had the corrupt saves problem as well. It was my manual saves, quick and autosaves. Unfortunately, I found no fix and could not restore the saves. I had to start all over and I have about 8 different manual saves at all times now.

I know, not the answer you wanted. :(

I have the same problem, but I found a way to not have to start over completely. I was able to create an older Quick Save which still works. It takes me back a lot, but it's better than starting from scratch.

Go to your Saves Folders, which for me is located in C:\->My Documents->My Games. Rename the quick save (or autosave) folder 'quicksave.fos' to 'quicksave_old.fos.', this will be the file which will track an older save. Then rename 'quicksave.fos.bak' to 'quicksave.fos'. Launch your game and see if any of the quicksaves work. I tried to rename additional quicksaves to 'quicksave_old_old.fos' but without result.

The issue with this is that it will not fix anything. The moment you have to load, your game WILL crash so in theory you'd have to keep the game open without ever having to load to be able to continue playing.

If anyone knows how to fix this properly, please share it with us.

I'm having the same problem, but I have an idea and was wondering what ya guys think. What if I created a .bat file that would back up the relevant save files and saved them to a separate folder. Then in the event of a corrupt, I should be able to just copy the last good backup. Do you think this would work? Or is the problem elsewhere. Are there any unsuspected files (.ini's etc.) that I should include in the backup? I'll upload a file or paste the code if it works. It would be a quick program to write up in VisualBasic, if anyone wanted to make one.

LMK what you think.

duastar

I'd like to add I just tested what caused my save games to become crash material. I read somewhere the trouble started after the questline 'Fly me to the moon' so I took the liberty to complete it again. Once completed, I moved outside and loaded my autosave - I immediately crashed, which did not happen before completion of the quest.

So DO NOT do this quest line until this is fixed. If you did this questline and you have the problems, here's your answer as to how.

I have the exact same problem. However, I did not encounter this the first time I ran through the game, only the 2nd time. One of the few differences I did in my 2nd play, was kill Davison (hostile on interact). The other thing was I Optimized the flight pattern using the controls nearby. Other then that, there were zero 'key' differences in either play's. I did was skimming research, found some material that might help prevent (not cure) the problem.

* Picking up the Space suit in this quest CAN, but not always, corrupt save files on the 360, PS3, or PC.
* On PC, after the recent patch (unconfirmed if it's caused by the patch), entering the Repconn basement the 2nd time to talk to Jason after talking to him upstairs might corrupt all subsequent saved files.

I am gonna run a brand new save and repeat this. See if I can't root out the EXACT problem....

OK.....I was having the same problem VERY early.....thought it was an armor/body/texture mod or something....but I really think it is related to a glitched player animation like some crashes in Fallout3 were.

My solve was to load the last good save, switch to 3rd person and use the console to kill myself.

Then the last good save loads and I can manually save again with no problem.

Hope this helps someone.

hmm i had a 37 to 39 hour saves go bad and only one i could load was 31 hours into the damn game. have to check if i had that fly me to the moon quest going on or what. nope never had that quest all all or solved or failed it.

checked all my mods to since i player all last night hardcore made no changes or edits to any of my mods nor added new ones, and i went through and unchecked each mod then all mods and nothing would get the damn last 3 or 4 saves manual or auto to load. so saves are going corrupt...

what version are people running anyway i got the latest update and wondering is that is causing more issues than it solves and if i should rollback to the first update where i seemed to have 0 issues?

There's a few thread on the Bethseda boards that deal with these problems. I didn't have the Come Fly With Me problem but I can't finish the BoS questline as the Fiend hideout causes CTD for me and corrupts my saves after entering a second time (only the saves after entering a second time). Anxiously awaiting a fix from devs, however I imagine there are a few other areas that will produce the same condition. I can't WAIT to find them :X