Dismemberment without death?

Sacrifyx

Im not sure if it can be done to the legs unless some one made a crawling animation but lets say you can blow off a arm of a bad guy they get ristrictions to 1 handed weapon or a melee weapon after it happens and make it so they bleed out over time. What would be even more intresting is this effect on your own character aside from being restricted maybe you would have to use a tourniquet to stop a bleed out and maybe your arm becomes a item you can pick up and reattached via medical tool (perhapes alien) would give a whole new meaning to hardcore lol.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not sure if it can be done to the legs unless some one made a crawling animation but lets say you can blow off a arm of a bad guy they get ristrictions to 1 handed weapon or a melee weapon after it happens and make it so they bleed out over time. What would be even more intresting is this effect on your own character aside from being restricted maybe you would have to use a tourniquet to stop a bleed out and maybe your arm becomes a item you can pick up and reattached via medical tool (perhapes alien) would give a whole new meaning to hardcore lol.

Thats what I said a few posts back - so making the limb invisible wouldn't work so well considering you'd need to acquire the limb again to have it re-attached. And I'd also go so far as to say that you'd have to visit a doctor for the re-attachment. I mean, I suppose you could staple it back on with one arm, but...also I would say that you could pick up any lost limb, so if you lose a leg and your opponent loses a leg, you could use your opponents leg instead of your own. Maybe apply a script that would cause the limb to rot over time so that if you didn't make it to the doc quick enough, you couldn't be fixed. Not at that time, anyway.

<snip>

Or maybe, instead of trying to re-attach your own limb, you use a prostethic one. They could even come at different tech-levels. Low-level would just be a pegleg made out of whatever works, really (iron pipe, a shaped piece of wood, or maybe even a gun barrel?), and high-tech versions would be fully functioning artificial ones (I remember seeing a few Terminator-themed mods for FO3, at least. Maybe could use assets from those?)

On a slightly different note: Anyone been to Camp Forlorn Hope? Without giving away too many spoilers, there's a minefield nearby where there's injured soldiers lying around, some without arms or legs, still alive and talking to you! Lips moving and all.

I don't know if that's any good but, y'know... every bit helps?

<snip>

Or maybe, instead of trying to re-attach your own limb, you use a prostethic one. They could even come at different tech-levels. Low-level would just be a pegleg made out of whatever works, really (iron pipe, a shaped piece of wood, or maybe even a gun barrel?), and high-tech versions would be fully functioning artificial ones (I remember seeing a few Terminator-themed mods for FO3, at least. Maybe could use assets from those?)

On a slightly different note: Anyone been to Camp Forlorn Hope? Without giving away too many spoilers, there's a minefield nearby where there's injured soldiers lying around, some without arms or legs, still alive and talking to you! Lips moving and all.

I saw that! I didn't see any mines, and just one dude who was laying on the ground...didn't look to be missing anything, he was just laying there and when I went up to him he was like "Just get away from me!" or something...I thought it was one of these bugs people speak of that my PC copy has been thankfully free of. But yeah, something like that might be a good place to start, and I'm liking the prosthetic idea as well. Maybe at some point you can become a complete machine, open up new perks, increase some skills and decrease others...I like the way this is coming together on paper, even if it never gets modded out.

@Sacrifyx: I saw two guys, iirc. One of them at least missing a leg and maybe even an arm, lying on top of a mine and shouting at me to get away, then the mine exploded and he lost everything, head and all!

But yeah, I'm also liking how this is panning out so far, on paper :P

And about becoming a machine; maybe you would have to take the Adamantium Skeleton perk first for that to be possible? So you have something to "mount" your prostethics on, since they would weigh quite a lot. Maybe it would even be possible to implement a variation of the Dermal Impact Armor and Dermal Impact Assault Enhancement from FO2? I dunno.

Btw; I think we've drifted off topic here a bit... :P

@Sacrifyx: I saw two guys, iirc. One of them at least missing a leg and maybe even an arm, lying on top of a mine and shouting at me to get away, then the mine exploded and he lost everything, head and all!

But yeah, I'm also liking how this is panning out so far, on paper :P

And about becoming a machine; maybe you would have to take the Adamantium Skeleton perk first for that to be possible? So you have something to "mount" your prostethics on, since they would weigh quite a lot. Maybe it would even be possible to implement a variation of the Dermal Impact Armor and Dermal Impact Assault Enhancement from FO2? I dunno.

Btw; I think we've drifted off topic here a bit... :P

Not at all - I figure the less half-assed this is, the better chance someone might see fit to do something with it. I'm wondering if the implant system they have might come into play as well...sooooooooooooo many options. Aargh, I wish I had the time to learn to mod myself. It took me a good week to get a custom companion made, and he never really worked quite right. So I'm at the mercy of the modders. I'd prefer to see something like this done well rather than murdered by my own hand.

The first time I was playing Fallout 3, I saw a head lying on the ground that was moving his mouth and blinking. I was so freaked out I put my hand on my head and accidentally moved the mouse upwards. At that time my character faced the sky and a super mutant fell on my face. I didn't touch the game for a while.

• 1 month later...

<snip>

Since some of the terminator mods came out for FO3 I've wondered if it would be possible to have a secondary model, like an endoskeleton underneath that gets exposed upon dismemberment.

• 4 years later...