Newest FOSE beta problems

LoneApothecary

* In Detail * - Well, this may be a generic problem, if it is please link me to the solution(s). My Google searching & quick forum searching haven't helped as of yet. I'm not new to modding FO3. I played FWE a while ago, but now there have been updates to many large mods & also FOSE. My problem is that when I install FOSE, the game crashes every time during the slide-show, right after the pointer shows up. From what I can understand the newer the patch/update the better the newer FOSE betas will work, correct me if I'm wrong. I have the steam GOTY edition & I'm running windows XP so GFWL isn't my problem. I've checked my version & it's the newest version of FO3, which is supported by FOSE. I followed the read-me, but to no avail. So now I'm making a forum topic, my 1st one actually because I hate having to bug people. I'm currently playing through some non-FOSE mods so I'm in no hurry, but any help (sooner or later) would be greatly appreciated, & I apologize in advance if this has been answered many times before.

* In short * - I have FO3 GOTY on steam with the newest update & my PC is running windows XP. I install the newest FOSE & it crashes during the slide-show right as the pointer appears, this didn't happen when I installed it a bit more than 2 months ago. I started with a clean install & followed the read-me but to no avail. Any ideas on how to fix this? Sorry if this is bothersome, I got FOSE working fine before & I can usually figure stuff out on my own.

* Edit * - So it apparently got a lot worse, now it won't load at all with the main game, all DLC's, along with, AS:R, Serial Killer Faction & Apocalypse Armory, I'm going to try again with my clean back-up files and see what happens.

• 4 months later...

Same problem FOSE claims to wurk with 1.7 but it dont, mines keeps comming up with it saying it dont know my Fallout version or something rather irratating.

Could you post up a list of your load order? Also, are you running Fallout Mod Manager?