Theft glitches-- a lot of merxhants claim I stole

kelticpete

So 5 times now I have sold something to a merchant and they say that I stole. I may have stolen from them in past. But examples are I had no potions not homemade. I cleaned out a bandit cave and they had crap potions so I went to sell them to vending r who buys them and she said I stole them from her. Anybody else deal with this?.

that is what I was afraid of.

so I am assuming that if I get arrested, let them take all my stuff, it does not reset that stuff to not stolen if I steal it back. does it?

this sucks cause I am rich as midas now and am more than willing to return all items and buy them. sigh.

and for major items I would not mind enchanting. the issue it that I nabbed everything in sight at low levels. I would steal a shop blind and then sell it to another shop owner. I got in the habit of selling to balmora folks that I had not robbed (ravirr and pawnbroker lady)

I am stuck with having a recall spell to the zainab merchent and going to ravirr, creeper and mudcrab.

You can clear the stolen item flag on items.

• Rename your save file from ESS to ESP and move it to 'Data Files' folder.
  • Then open CS and select your save. DON'T load it by pressing 'OK'. Instead, click 'Details'.
  • Wait for the list to appear. Sort the list by clicking twice on ID tab. Then scroll down to 'STLN'.
  • Highlight all the items under STLN record, and hit delete. A prompt appears asking you if you mark the records as Ignored. Say 'Yes'. An 'I' should appear in front of the records you selected.
  • Close the window and click 'Cancel'. You don't have to save for it to work.
  • Then move the ESP back and rename it back to ESS. You should no longer have any stolen item problem.

It's kind of an exploit, but the the theft mechanism is broken, so its fair, IMO.