⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Questions if big mod overhauls are worth it anymore? Seems like just a bunch of patch-work.

Murkrow900

Like above, except I use SPERG (I don't know why its not more popular, its amazing...).

Its stable (finished), balanced, and without bugs. It changes perks and that's it. Makes them interesting and worth picking up. For other gameplay changes I just pick and choose from other mods to do specifically what I want.

Oh, and its compatible with about everything, so I don't even worry.

Its stable (finished), balanced, and without bugs...

Oh, and its compatible with about everything, so I don't even worry.

And that's the biggest calling card for a mod. The fact that I can download virtually and mod and it will be compatible or with a few edits in TESVEdit it will be. No 'run this patcher every time you add a new mod' as it gets extremely grating, especially when you're making a mod and want it to be compatible but are still working out the kinks.

I have tried a number of the big overhauls and some are fine, but to be honest I much prefer and always go back to a small handful of much smaller, more specific and less all encompassing older forgotten Mods, leaves me with a very tailor made game much more suited to my preferred gaming style and game environment, they also give me a rock solid stable game and no patches or extra modifications needed to use them. I just think it's a shame such small Mods are lost and forgotten in favor of the singular big game changing package Mods.