The new system notifications for updates modification.

insaneplumber

My vote for notification going away after I click it.

Also, just because something is like that on facebook doesn't mean it's good - more often quite to the contrary. If you want to emulate something, do it with what's functional and good - not just because it's popular. For me facebook is about as popular as testicular cancer.

Edited by mamelukturbo

I came here to let the Nexus admins know that I absolutely *LOVE* the new notification system!!! What a pleasant surprise to find this after I came back from vacation after a month. THANK YOU!!!

In terms of clearing off the notification, I really like that fact that the notifications stay visible until you click the x to remove them unlike the old system where all notifications regarding comments disappeared if you clicked on the first one. This is REALLY IMPORTANT since I often check the status of mods from multiple PCs including my phone. I often check them on my phone and look at the new changes, but I don't want them to disappear until I've had the chance to upgrade them (if necessary) on my main gaming PC.

The real pro tip

To see just the files you track, ignore the new fangled notification bloat.

I find "It's just like Facebook" or any other site to be the main problem, if I wanted Nexus to be just like Facebook, I'd go to it's facebook page.

Frankly I dont want to know about every comment or picture posted for every single file I download or even track.

I'll choose those I do want to follow myself using the forums facilities to do just that.

However I've never considered the Notification Icon in any way useful even when configured to my tastes

Having looked at the new "facebook style" version its got considerably worse and was immediatly totally disabled again.

I mean what is the point of pictures, all that does is fill the already extremely limited space with bloated and thus fewer items.

However, I still manage to track new files for mods using something called the

File Tracking centre, it's my default Nexus page for each game I mod.

Go straight to the file tracking centre in the Files Dropdown

http://forums.nexusmods.com/uploads/monthly_02_2015/post-5564776-0-64492300-1423533295.jpg

This gives me all the information I need for every Mod I've ever tracked, on that Games Nexus and since I've partially hidden the Column Headings, they are;

File name (actually the Mod Name but good enough)

Version

Last upload

Last download

Simple and obvious. If my last download date, isn't later than the last upload date, I need to update the Mod.

No limited space and every file you track is here to be seen, it might become pages deep, but it's in there.

Please do us a favour Dark one leave File Tracking centre, just how it is.

Do what you like to the notifications Icon and just leave this so we can quickly and efficiently check for all our tracked files updates.

To those who just want a simple and efficient notification of the new files you need:

Use the File Tracking Centre, not Notifications

• 1 month later...

New notification system is fantastic. SOOO much better than before. It was an absolute pain to look at comments as a mod author.

I would like it if some more notifications could be shown at once, and that the notifications stopped being white once clicked on (they don't always), but that's it. Love it. So much more useful.

To be honest I liked the old notification system more, but I can live with the new one.

On another side...am I the only one who has a hard time to click the x to remove them ? Sometimes the notification gets properly removed, another time clicking the x results in loading the notified mod site and sometimes it will be removed by clicking it half a dozen times and after reloading the whole Nexus site...I did not know that you need to be a counterstrike professional using a 7200 dpi mouse to just click an x...

No, you're not the only one.

I also am having trouble removing them, no matter how many times I click on the x it just wont delete. Saying that I really like the new system :thumbsup: , I can keep the notifications I want for as long as I want, which is great when you play with diffferent profiles.

To be honest I liked the old notification system more, but I can live with the new one.

On another side...am I the only one who has a hard time to click the x to remove them ? Sometimes the notification gets properly removed, another time clicking the x results in loading the notified mod site and sometimes it will be removed by clicking it half a dozen times and after reloading the whole Nexus site...I did not know that you need to be a counterstrike professional using a 7200 dpi mouse to just click an x...

I also am having trouble removing them, no matter how many times I click on the x it just wont delete. Saying that I really like the new system :thumbsup: , I can keep the notifications I want for as long as I want, which is great when you play with diffferent profiles.

Thankfully, they added a 'Remove all' link at the bottom. Though, if you want to keep some of the notifications, that won't help you.

Edited by rpsgc

Hi, which browser are you using?