Reduced View Distance

BlaCkBlitZ

FO3 had a mod that reduced the view distance so that the computer will get more FPS when playing Fallout.

Can someone make 1 for New Vegas? As far as I'm concerned, my game plays just fine and smoothly, but when I look out to the vast expense, sometimes my game just gets a little choppy or stuttery for a moment or two...

• 2 weeks later...

Yea i still agree with you there, and would have done on Bethesdas last two games. I dont think it matters how hard they try, it's just not going to be feasable to create a realistic landscape at such incredible scale, while maintaining high end graphics in the foreground.

Have you contacted the original mod creator?

Have you tried a mod called "Nevada Skies"? It adds random sandstorms to F:NV & does an amazing job of adding a touch of realism. As for the OP, I would like a mod that limits the view distance as well. Not because of performance, but because I feel it would add a nice touch of immersion.

Nevada Skies - http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35998

-MRG

It doesn't have to be THAT much of a view distance reduction (that you can't see who is shooting you), but just enough that you can't see the ruined building beside the mountain all the way over there (which will take you 5 mins to walk to) etc. A haze perhaps.